Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Work in progress The Ascent: Screenshots
DRedshot Offline

Threads: 23
The Ascent: Screenshots

Hi everyone, I'm working on my third custom story, currently called The Ascent, more info and screenshots below.

The Story: (Spoilers Below)
You play as Andrew, a British soldier fighting against the french during the french revolution. You are in foreign territory with your small group of men, when you are ambushed by french soldiers...

The Date is 1802, and Andrew has been imprisoned by french soldiers for almost a year. Life wasn't too bad. Although you were captured, the french were fair people, and treat you well. But for the last couple of months there have been no food deliveries, and the prison staff have completely dissappeared. With barely anything to eat you realise you have to escape or you will die.

Throughout the game you will find out more information about yourself and the castle around you. You will find out why the food deliveries have halted, where the staff have disappeared to, and how to escape.

What to expect:
Story:
You can expect a serious storyline, which will make sense from the very start of the game, and will be consistent all the way through.

Puzzles:
The puzzles will be highly interactve, and will mainly use objects found lying about, rather than inventory objects. They will be very challenging, and very unique and different from any found in other custom stories, different entities can solve the same puzzle, and in some cases there can be different solutions to the same problem

Other:
The story will feature lots of custom models and entities. Some will be completely new, made by me, others will be modified entities using the model editor. I might be using some other peoples models (i will credit them if i do) but i'd prefer to make everything myself, so everything you see can be completely new!

The map wil feature multiple outdoor environments, and I might have an attempt at some nicer looking mountainous terrain, depending on how difficult it is to find and make the textures (hopefully not too hard since it's all made of rock!)

Screenshots!

Gameplay Footage
Spoiler below!

The Trailer - Made by Mosnye

Progress

Prison Area:
Map: 100%
Script: 100%

Courtyard:
Script: 70%

Map_3:
Script: 80%

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2012, 02:13 PM by DRedshot.)
07-28-2011, 06:16 PM
Find
Mr. Bombastic Offline

Threads: 6
RE: The Ascent

Oh wow, this sounds really good!
If you really can finish this, this will be an extremely good custom story!
Good luck at it and yeah, i hope you can finish it how you described it. Smile
07-28-2011, 06:32 PM
Find
DRedshot Offline

Thanks, I'm trying my hardest to make each room as unique as possible, and they will all have their own little story behind them. I should be able to finish it with those goals, thanks for the encouragement! Smile

07-28-2011, 08:08 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79

I suppose were gonna find out also why their are deformed OMFG people running around trying to kill you to? Tongue
07-28-2011, 08:42 PM
Find
DRedshot Offline

Hehe maybe... there will have to be a reason for them to be there! Tongue

07-28-2011, 09:06 PM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

Sounds good. I love unique puzzles mixed with a good storyline, rafinate scares and a good level design and atmosphere. Big Grin
07-29-2011, 09:15 AM
Website Find
Tenno Offline

Threads: 0

Sounds awesome! Unique puzzles, serious storyline, whats not to love?

Good luck! Big Grin

[Image: 29069he.gif]
07-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Find
DRedshot Offline

thanks for the feedback guys, it's good to know people are interested in it, i'll add some screenshots of the first area when the mapping is 90%-100% done.

07-29-2011, 08:03 PM
Find
DRedshot Offline

I haven't posted on this for a few days so i thought i'd update the original post with some more info, im thinking about making some new mountainous terrain for my custom story, since theres not enough choice when it comes to outdoor maps, and if it looks professional enough, i'll let you guys use it!

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2011, 12:39 AM by DRedshot.)
08-02-2011, 12:38 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

I like the different storyline. It's refreshing to have something to look forward to that isn't about waking up with no memory, etc etc.

08-02-2011, 01:03 AM
Find