Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Story Problem!!!! ASAP
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Exclamation  Custom Story Problem!!!! ASAP

So this is the situation, ladies and gentlemen!

I bought Amnesia: The Dark Descent from a store. Not Steam but just the Cd. I installed it and it works fine. Then I downloaded some Custom stories after I finished the entire game. Everything worked fine until I downloaded Abduction. I played it 3/4 through. Then I had to Install the update for Justine in order to complete the custom story. I downloaded the update and put the folder and all its files together with the Amnesia folder. I could continue on playing. The I started my computer the next morning and this is what happened. All my custom stories had suddenly no description. When I picked up an object, it would merely say "Picked up" rather than "Picked up Bedroom key" etc. If I was to collect a note, the note would be blank. No text what so ever. I really dont know what to do. This onlty happens in custom stories. Nowhere else. I really need help!

Please, any help will be much appriciated!

Yours truly,

- darkadders
07-30-2011, 07:06 PM
Find
WatzUpzPeepz Offline

Threads: 12
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Custom Story Problem!!!! ASAP

(07-30-2011, 07:06 PM)darkadders Wrote: So this is the situation, ladies and gentlemen!

I bought Amnesia: The Dark Descent from a store. Not Steam but just the Cd. I installed it and it works fine. Then I downloaded some Custom stories after I finished the entire game. Everything worked fine until I downloaded Abduction. I played it 3/4 through. Then I had to Install the update for Justine in order to complete the custom story. I downloaded the update and put the folder and all its files together with the Amnesia folder. I could continue on playing. The I started my computer the next morning and this is what happened. All my custom stories had suddenly no description. When I picked up an object, it would merely say "Picked up" rather than "Picked up Bedroom key" etc. If I was to collect a note, the note would be blank. No text what so ever. I really dont know what to do. This onlty happens in custom stories. Nowhere else. I really need help!

Please, any help will be much appriciated!

Yours truly,

- darkadders

Well the lang files of all the storys are now invalid or missing,are you sure you put the update in the correct place?
I really dont know. Confused

07-30-2011, 11:07 PM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Custom Story Problem!!!! ASAP

I put the update with all the other files and it worked until I restarted my computer. So I put them in the right place. But Im just really frustrated right now. :S
07-30-2011, 11:54 PM
Find