Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[Demo] Rokotain's Mansion
Rokotain Offline

Threads: 9
Brick  [Demo] Rokotain's Mansion

Rokotain's Mansion
Demo Version

Hey everyone Big Grin!

I finished the demo version of my story a few days ago now and I'm already working on the full version^^

So I thought I'd post the demo version here on the forums so you guys can give me feedback, comments, recommendations and etc. I guess the feedback part covers all xD

Also remember this is a DEMO version. None of this is going to be exactly 100% as it is. Bugs from the demo will be corrected in the full version. Also somethings that are lacking like notes and lookatcallbacks will be added as well. Also, you're probably not going to be as safe in the full version...

[Image: cspicture1.th.png]

I don't know anything else to say really o:
Please remind me if there is anything important you think I should post here.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?52z6je46vb7hzdy

I posted on Mediafire because I'm a noob and I'm not sure if my .rar file was too big to be posted here as an attachment xD

Also I was so blind and didn't see there was a showcase sub-forum. So :3 Now I've posted here as well.

Installation:
Open the .rar file and drop the "Rokotain's Mansion - Demo" folder into your amnesia folder -> redist -> custom_stories.

Hope you enjoy!
RokotainAngel
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2011, 07:21 AM by Rokotain.)
08-01-2011, 04:00 PM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5
RE: [Demo] Rokotain's Mansion

well, simple, but nice demo!

bug - i grab study key, and when i unlock study room with it, there"s no sound(like key opens door)

would like to see in Full version "Cella vinaria" available!
and love - when girls voice is screaming! is that your girlfriend? Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2011, 05:55 PM by Dark Knight.)
08-01-2011, 05:55 PM
Find
Tenno Offline

Threads: 0

There were a lot of problems that I hope you address in the full version. These include:

1. Almost all of the lighting was too bright.
2. Most of the books were hovering or clipping in the bookcases.
3. Oversupply of oil.
4. Keys & doors didn't have labels.
5. Picked up a chair in the study and it clipped through the ground.

But you have mentioned fixing bugs, glitches etc. in the full version, so I'll be looking forward to a (mostly) bug free custom story, great work including voice acting, more stories need that.
Spoiler below!
In one flashback though, something is chasing the female character and the door breaks, but the door is perfectly intact, did they repair it? Just wondering if you could have a shattered door with blood in the room, unless of course, you have other plans for that character.

[Image: 29069he.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2011, 08:50 AM by Tenno.)
08-02-2011, 08:43 AM
Find
Rokotain Offline

(08-01-2011, 05:55 PM)Dark Knight Wrote: well, simple, but nice demo!

bug - i grab study key, and when i unlock study room with it, there"s no sound(like key opens door)

would like to see in Full version "Cella vinaria" available!
and love - when girls voice is screaming! is that your girlfriend? Big Grin

Yes, that is my girlfriend and you will hear more from her in full version;P!
Alas the study key no unlocking sound, yes I've noticed myself and I'm on fixing that.

I've already come acceptable far in the full version of the game which will fix most if not all of the Demo's bugs.

Also, the Wine Cellar is a piece of cake compared to the Attic....
(08-02-2011, 08:43 AM)Tenno Wrote: There were a lot of problems that I hope you address in the full version. These include:

1. Almost all of the lighting was too bright.
2. Most of the books were hovering or clipping in the bookcases.
3. Oversupply of oil.
4. Keys & doors didn't have labels.
5. Picked up a chair in the study and it clipped through the ground.

But you have mentioned fixing bugs, glitches etc. in the full version, so I'll be looking forward to a (mostly) bug free custom story, great work including voice acting, more stories need that.
Spoiler below!
In one flashback though, something is chasing the female character and the door breaks, but the door is perfectly intact, did they repair it? Just wondering if you could have a shattered door with blood in the room, unless of course, you have other plans for that character.

Indeed, I will try to fix as many problems I can in full version^^!

1. I can adjust a bit, but it is sort of intenional that the light is bright in the start of the game, further saying would be spoilers... ;P

2. Books are removed, guess I'll have to manually place over 2.000 books =.='....

3. Reduced, thank you. I guess I wanted to "fill" in the empty rooms with something "useful" and I ended up running out of stuff to put in. But there will be a great need for oil later though. But thanks for pointing out anyways. ^^

4. I wanted to do that so much! So thanks for poiting it out, but I'm not quite sure how to do that, could you please explain? :3

5. Could you specify which one o:? Thanks^^!

About Flashback:
Spoiler below!
The flashbacks are some time ago. I haven't specified the time line 100% yet, but it's long enough so a door gets fixed!
And the female character is an essentional character trough the story, as much as the main character Rokotain himself. That explains my above comment of that you will see more of her^
And why she still lives will be answered as well.

Thanks a lot for feedback, both of you! It's really helpful and it's a pleasure to read (:!
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2011, 12:33 AM by Rokotain.)
08-02-2011, 11:54 PM
Find
Dizturbed Offline

Threads: 39

About to play it now!

08-03-2011, 07:03 PM
Find
Rokotain Offline

(08-03-2011, 07:03 PM)Dizturbed Wrote: About to play it now!

Ok! I hope you will like it, but still remember it's only a demo. So there are bound to be bugs, and some stuff changes in the full version.

Also, I'm on 6 maps now, 4 of them which are fully scripted and I'm working on WineCellar now as well ;D

I hope for feedback!
Rokotain Angel
08-04-2011, 11:19 AM
Find