Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Picking stuff up
PK Starstorm Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Picking stuff up

Okay, so I finally managed to get the demo of Amnesia to work after a few teething problems, and started playing not too long ago. But I noticed something strange - I'm completely unable to pick up tinderboxes! A bit of confusion set in when I accidentally turned off the crosshair, but even with it on, it made no difference. With the crosshair right on top of the tinderboxes, the little hand refused to come up, so clicking did absolutely nothing. The same with the jar of oil I found.

I can pick up other things; books, helmets, etc, and throw them around to my heart's content. I can also open doors, wardrobes and whatnot, it's literally just the oil/tinderboxes that are giving me trouble. I'm confused .___. - am I just being a moron somehow, or is this a glitch?
08-05-2011, 10:11 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Picking stuff up

Attach us here the file HPL.log found under Documents\Amnesia\Demo (or something simillar)
08-05-2011, 10:17 AM
Find
PK Starstorm Offline

Trying and failing, lol.

I found two files, one simply called 'hpl' and another one named 'hpl_update'. The first was too large to attach apparently and the latter won't attach at all. So, uh. I'm trying to sort that out. Sorry, I know that's not very helpful >.<

EDIT:
http://www.mediafire.com/?fcl9a441m5rtqb4 I uploaded the hpl to here, since I'm having trouble with the forum attachments. I'll add hpl_update if the hpl isn't the right one :3
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2011, 10:31 AM by PK Starstorm.)
08-05-2011, 10:26 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Ok, got it. Your graphics card can barely run the game, thats why that happens. Make sure you have the latest nvidia graphics card drivers installed and try again.
08-05-2011, 10:51 AM
Find
PK Starstorm Offline

Oh, okay O_o. I checked 'can you run this' and all turned up fine. Thanks for the help Smile
08-05-2011, 11:09 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

This is not trustworthy. Install the newest nvidia drivers and tell me if you managed to solve the problem. You should be able to play the game...
08-05-2011, 03:43 PM
Find