Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welder Help
Homicide13 Offline

Threads: 41
Welder Help

So, I started building a quite angular maze with the mansionbase wall02 walls, and when I went to go put welders at all of the corners and whatnot, I noticed that there was no completely round mansionbase welder. The two options I have explored so far are in pictures attached below, but both of them have problems. The first option looks good except for the little spaces at the bottom (what I did for this was I took one of the concave welders and just duplicated it and rotated it so the result was round). The second option is the mansionbase pillar, which is a little off-color and the shape makes it seem out of place.

Anyways I would like input /any possible solutions to this problem. Sad I don't want the mood of the story ruined by a crappy setting.

In my opinion, the second option would be fine if the models could be re-colored to match the color of the wood panels, but I am completely clueless when it comes to modeling and texturing. (if anybody could help me out with this that would be great.)

Picture 1: http://i.imgur.com/NrZMY.jpg
Picture 2: http://i.imgur.com/9hF4d.jpg

08-08-2011, 11:44 PM
Find
Apjjm Offline
Is easy to say

Threads: 18
RE: Welder Help

What does it look like if you stretch the welders in the first picture a little, so that the bottoms aren't visible?
08-09-2011, 12:23 AM
Find
Phoroneus Offline

Threads: 12

I think he means the gap in between the bottom edges of the welders. I'm not sure how that problem is occurring, to be honest. If you put all the welders' centers on the same spot and rotate them, the edges should perfectly line up and give you no spaces. Failing that, you can try rotating the welders a bit less and seeing if they clip noticeably.

Edit:
You may also want to assign a different texture to the ceiling. If you pick a texture that matches the mansionbase pillars, that could tie the scene together and require no finagling of the wall02 welders.

[Image: at_9365860.png]

Follow Harvest.
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2011, 01:05 AM by Phoroneus.)
08-09-2011, 01:03 AM
Find
Homicide13 Offline

It looks something like this: http://i.imgur.com/dMSu3.jpg
It's a little un-proportional, but it works well enough I suppose. If I could figure out how to re-color the pillars (or somebody did it for me Tongue) I might like that a bit better, but this works pretty well too. Thanks for your help!

Also, for some reason the map editor has stopped displaying the other views (http://i.imgur.com/HnLib.png) This isn't normally such a huge problem, but I am quite fond of using the top view to position things. Does anybody know what happened/how to fix it? D:

08-09-2011, 01:36 AM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

Press the spacebar. That should make it fullscreen.
08-09-2011, 01:41 AM
Find
Homicide13 Offline

It didn't work.
http://i.imgur.com/AOokY.png

08-09-2011, 01:52 AM
Find
Phoroneus Offline

You need to have the mouse hovering over the view window in order for it to work. Failing that, restarting HPL (level editor) should fix it.

Follow Harvest.
08-09-2011, 02:52 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

Looks like you're using concave welders. Have you tried the convex one?

08-09-2011, 02:58 AM
Find
Homicide13 Offline

...I know how to zoom in and out of the windows. My problem is that instead of actually showing whats there, the other windows (not the perspective view window) are just blank grey. I have tried restarting the editor, but the problem does not resolve.

Palistov: the convex welders are even worse, because they overlap and the textures on the resulting compound object do not match up at all.

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2011, 04:24 AM by Homicide13.)
08-09-2011, 04:23 AM
Find
Phoroneus Offline

That's strange. I'm trying to replicate your problem, but no luck so far. The only way I've managed to get roughly what you're seeing is by scrolling all three screens very far from the map itself and turning off grid and axes, and even then there's a little blue spot to show my focus/pivot point.

I'm not sure what the problem could be, apart from that. The worst problems come up when we can't figure out what we did to cause them. Unless there's some issue with your system, I'm not sure why HPL wouldn't fix itself upon exiting and running again. The only thing I can think of would be that it's conflicting with another running program, like another instance of HPL (Model Editor for example, or Amnesia itself).

Follow Harvest.
08-09-2011, 04:37 AM
Find