Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
amnesia problems
disturbed141 Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago amnesia problems

hello, i have just recently bought a disc copy of amnesia a few weeks ago anticipating a good title to play once i get my new laptop. my laptop (dell insperon w/ intel MAG) just got here yesterday and i installed amnesia. all menus, journals, mementos, and even sound and subtitles work, but the actual game is just a black screen with a faint white dot. is frictinal working on a patch to support intel? if not can anyone help me with fixing this problem?
08-09-2011, 06:23 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: amnesia problems

Intel cards are not supported because they have a very old OpenGL version. The game needs OpenGL 2.1 to be able to run. Attach me here the file HPL.log found under Documents\Amnesia\Main folder. I will then be able to tell you whether you can run the game.
08-09-2011, 06:41 PM
Find
disturbed141 Offline

Threads: 2

(08-09-2011, 06:41 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: Intel cards are not supported because they have a very old OpenGL version. The game needs OpenGL 2.1 to be able to run. Attach me here the file HPL.log found under Documents\Amnesia\Main folder. I will then be able to tell you whether you can run the game.

imnot sure how to do so (i am sort of new to pc gaming)
08-10-2011, 06:12 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

you don't have to know anything special. Go to the folder Documents\Amnesia\Main and find the file HPL.log. Then attach it to your new reply, or copy-paste its contents or upload it at megaupload.com for example.
08-10-2011, 08:13 AM
Find