Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Works for a bit - then black screen.
thepredux Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Works for a bit - then black screen.

I got this game working after I updated my drivers (kept getting the Renderer #0 error) and now after I play for a bit and get up to the part where you go into the map room, the screen fades to black and I can't see anything. When I press the ESC key, it brings up the menu, but any other key doesn't work. Is this just a glitch? Should I start over?

I'm running Intel HD Graphics.

08-09-2011, 06:32 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Works for a bit - then black screen.

Map room? What room is that? Are you sure you have updated the Intel drivers to the latest working one which is 2361?
08-09-2011, 06:39 PM
Find
thepredux Offline

Threads: 1

You walk into a hallway (this is near the beginning, maybe 20 minutes after playing), and as you continue walking, boulders fall and block your way from returning the way you came. Right around the corner is a room filled with maps.

How do I find which driver I have installed? Sorry, I'm kind of a noob at this graphics stuff.
08-09-2011, 06:43 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

attach me here the file HPL.log found under Documents\Amnesia\Main folder
08-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

You'll need to temporary turn down all the graphics settings to lowest and then replay this part of the game. After you complete it you can turn the graphics back to their original setting.

Spoiler below!

or you can skip picking up the third part of the diary, the sequence that it triggers is not needed to be able to continue on in the game, you only skip a bit of the story. you can check a walkthrough on youtube to catch up on it.

08-09-2011, 07:01 PM
Website Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Jens can you bypass the third note with the cave flashback? If yes, then all those Intel users with the problem at this point would be able to continue the game.
08-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Find
lesley Offline

Threads: 6

(08-09-2011, 07:14 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: Jens can you bypass the third note with the cave flashback? If yes, then all those Intel users with the problem at this point would be able to continue the game.

Well I have the Same problem. I updated intel, it was working. Got to a room with two maps of the castle on the wall. there was a letter on the desk, about the guy getting stuck in a cave everything went white. THEN the screen went black. I can hear that chewing/crunching sound, his heartbeat etc. but NOTHING happens. NO keys work, nor can I open inventory or M. I have saved, quit and restarted from this point but its always black screen.
SERIOUSLY guys if you are going to develope a bloody game for only people with $2000 computers then bloody say so on the sale page. ALL the specs said was windows vista/7 NOTHING about how complicated this would be. I have yet to meet a monster because I spend all my time TROUBLESHOOTING. Going to find out if amazon.com will give me my $ back. NOT EVERYONE out there has a state of the art monster gaming system, frictional. MOST Of us have a 700. laptop, how hard is it to design a game that doesnt require the Mona Lisa of computers, really?
and PS I am sick of starting and stopping. Reloading starting OVER I don't want to uninstall and reinstall the stupid game. FIX IT before you market it.
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2011, 11:26 PM by lesley.)
08-09-2011, 11:24 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Funny because you don't know. This game requires OpenGL. The latest OpenGL version is 4.1. The game requires only version 2.1 which is from like...2007 or something. Now, AMD and Nvidia have added support for OpenGL 2.1 since 2007 at some very old cards. Intel on the other hand doesn't seem to care. They still tend to use OpenGL 1.4 , 1.5 or the maximum 2.1(Intel HD cards only). So blame Intel and not the developers.

These are the system requirements of the game:

CPU: 2 Ghz, RAM: 2 GB, Disk space: 3 GB
Graphics: Radeon X1000 / GeForce 6 series
Integrated graphics will likely not work
08-10-2011, 01:46 AM
Find