Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

An awesome new game I found!
Doctorcheese Offline

Threads: 28
An awesome new game I found!

Hello everyone. I was just down at GameStop and I found this game called Darkness Within Collectors Edition. The game is a point and click adventure, and it is very scary imo! It is based on Lovecraftian stories, thus having many supernatural and generally weird things in it.

I really recommend this game to anyone who liked Penumbra/Amnesia and even more so to people who love Point and Click games! It even has a Difficulty setting if you would find the puzzles or the gathering of clues (You play as a detective) being made easier. There's Standard mode which helps you out a lot, Detective mode which is a bit harder but can still give you hints and Senior detective which lets you do all the work. No clues or help what so ever.

Also the graphics are amazing! The game is very atmospheric. If I dare say, it is at some points even more atmospheric than Amnesia. In my opinion at least.

Here's a link to their website:
http://www.zoetrope-interactive.com/ln/lneng.htm

So yeah I just thought I'd tell you guys who don't know about this game, that it is a good buy. You will enjoy it.

Thank you for your time.

Here is a slightly amusing picture as a reward:

Spoiler below!
[Image: 1338.jpg]

''Sick, twisted child... You'll burn for this!''
08-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: An awesome new game I found!

First game is point & click, but second game is fully 3D with interactive environment. Second game is way better.
I don't think comparing to Amnesia would be proper, however there is even a lantern exactly same with Amnesia Smile

A good game with good story. I'd recommend it too.

08-11-2011, 02:30 PM
Website Find
BendyBread Offline

Threads: 2

I played the Demo (for like, 5 minutes).

No idea what I was doing, even though I wondered around the whole house, but the game certainly had massive potential.
The native american doll creeped me out though. I thought it was going to come alive and maul me to death. :C
08-12-2011, 11:39 AM
Find
TheGreatCthulhu Offline

Threads: 10

Oh, you mean Darkness Within (I read that as "Darkness, within Collector's Edition"): I played it a long time ago - it's a relatively good game, although the ending is a rather disappointing...
It had an interesting puzzle/research mechanics, though - and it's not made for your standard player who just wants to stumble through the game. You need to have a non-standard mindset about it. Gamespot gave the game only 3.5, which is absolutely unrealistic. I think it deserves a 7.
Critic Score: 5.6 - 13 reviews
User Score: 6.3 - 199 votes

I hear part 2 is somewhat better, will try it.
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2011, 05:47 PM by TheGreatCthulhu.)
08-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Second game is way better.

08-12-2011, 05:47 PM
Website Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

I heard that the first one was crap, and tried the demo for the second one. I found the writing longwinded, the atmosphere cheesy (scripted event has me turning a corner slowly to reveal a random dead body, oh no!), and the bugs (could use lantern before actually picking it up, inventory menu not working) unbearable.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
08-12-2011, 06:27 PM
Website Find
umas Offline

Threads: 0

sounds interesting
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2011, 09:28 PM by umas.)
08-14-2011, 09:28 PM
Find