Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shadow Lights (Again)
TimmayIsHawt Offline

Threads: 9
Shadow Lights (Again)

Yeah so I've been having this problem with the cast shadow. So, someone told me to add a gobo to it, which I did, and it worked. But whenever I do a small change on that map, save the map, and then test the map, the light doesn't show. It shows when I don't make changes to the map. Can someone help me so I can make it stay without having to disappear and reappear every time i edit my map.
08-14-2011, 11:17 PM
Find
Phoroneus Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Shadow Lights (Again)

The gobo file is probably not being preserved when you save the map after editing it. After making changes, check the light and re-apply the gobo if needed. This is pretty common in the HPL editors, actually, as not all of the data that is used by the engine gets "remembered" by the editor for some reason. The same happens with ModelEditor sometimes, too.

[Image: at_9365860.png]

Follow Harvest.
08-14-2011, 11:19 PM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

In the off-chance you're using a box light to raise the ambient light level of the entire map, make sure its blend function is set to Add. That's the only thing I know of that can cause what you're experiencing. I use shadowcasting spotlights without gobo maps all the time.

08-14-2011, 11:27 PM
Find
TimmayIsHawt Offline

Uh... I'm using a spotlight. I just want it to cast a shadow. Even without the gobo it doesn't work. D:
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2011, 11:34 PM by TimmayIsHawt.)
08-14-2011, 11:32 PM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

I understand that. If you're using a box light across your map, switch its blend function to Add. If it's on Replace, your lights won't show up. If you're not using a box light, then you're having some other issue. In that case, try deleting and re-creating the spotlight in question.

08-14-2011, 11:36 PM
Find
TimmayIsHawt Offline

Hmm... okay I tried recreating it. It didn't work. I don't understand wny it's not working, I mean I did everything I did when I first created it.
08-15-2011, 12:05 AM
Find