Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Improved Notepad++ HPS Support
Apjjm Offline
Is easy to say

Threads: 18
Improved Notepad++ HPS Support

The old notepad++ files which most people have installed had faults. I have been slowly tweaking these files as I have used them. Today I decided to fully finish the job. Below is a list of fixes I have made:

Hps Language Definition File (hps.xml)
  • Removed several unsupported functions
  • Added 3 new functions which are supported as of 1.2 justine patch
  • Added various missing supported type keywords (E.g uint)
  • Added keywords for classes, interfaces, enumarates, typedef and funcdef and possibly others
  • Removed "PlayerStartArea_" keyword
  • Probably a couple of other things too

Hps user defined lang file (userdefinedlang.xml)
  • Added folding regions (See sample hps file)
  • Overhauled color coding
  • Added appropriate color coding for all supported keywords
  • Added color for OnStart, OnLeave, OnEnter and OnGameStart events
  • Strings now have the escape char defined

Preview: Sample Script

I have also included a sample script file, and a text document containing installation instructions (note that these instructions will still work if you already have the current version installed - but you may have to restart notepad++ to see the changes take effect)

Download link (FIXED!)

I propose that we update the wiki with these new versions for the notepad++, but I feel I should ask the community first if you are happy with this, and if there are any alterations you would like to propose to the above files.

Edit (v1.2): Old download link "userdefinedlang.xml" missing 1 folding set because of swap with old link
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2011, 11:30 PM by Apjjm.)
08-15-2011, 10:20 PM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67
RE: Improved Notepad++ HPS Support

Neat! I may give that a shot. I like the C++ style I'm working with though Smile

By the way, I tried out your parsing functions in my sandbox map. REALLY need stuff dude, it cut out about 10 lines of code Smile

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2011, 11:03 PM by palistov.)
08-15-2011, 11:02 PM
Find
DRedshot Offline

Threads: 23

thanks for this, the folding regions is something i've wanted for a long time. However, i'm struggling to import the userdefinedlang.xml it says 'import successful' but none of the features work, even after a restart of notepad :/ however, the hps.xml works great! I just need some help with the userlang.xml - thanks

08-15-2011, 11:06 PM
Find
Apjjm Offline
Is easy to say

(08-15-2011, 11:06 PM)DRedshot Wrote: thanks for this, the folding regions is something i've wanted for a long time. However, i'm struggling to import the userdefinedlang.xml it says 'import successful' but none of the features work, even after a restart of notepad :/ however, the hps.xml works great! I just need some help with the userlang.xml - thanks
Try removing any HPS entries (there might be two!) from the user-defined-dialogue window, re-add the new version, then restart notepad++. If that still doesn't work, I updated the zip again (v1.2 already - totally professional Wink), so try that version of the userdefinedlang.xml.

(08-15-2011, 11:02 PM)palistov Wrote: Neat! I may give that a shot. I like the C++ style I'm working with though Smile

By the way, I tried out your parsing functions in my sandbox map. REALLY need stuff dude, it cut out about 10 lines of code Smile
Cheers Wink - the colouring is kind of a hybrid between the old style and c# - I find it really helps scan in long functions though.
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2011, 11:24 PM by Apjjm.)
08-15-2011, 11:11 PM
Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 36

Thanks, it really helps clear up any misleading functions. I've always forgotten the Justine command functions and had to look it up on the forum or a previous script I used it with.

I also recommend that when you do update the wiki (which I hope you will do), that you'll put an alternate link to the .hps format on this page for your modification:

http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/thi...xt/notepad

08-16-2011, 12:41 AM
Find
Phoroneus Offline

Threads: 12

Absolutely beautiful. Thank you for this, the folding regions are especially welcome. Smile

[Image: at_9365860.png]

Follow Harvest.
08-16-2011, 02:30 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

I took the liberty to generate a tags file for Geany from your updated HPL2 functions list. It can be found here: http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/thi...text/geany

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
08-16-2011, 06:08 AM
Website Find
xtron Offline

Threads: 37

Great job Apjjm! <3

[Image: 44917299.jpg]Dubstep <3
08-16-2011, 01:26 PM
Find
Apjjm Offline
Is easy to say

I would update the wiki with this, but it appears I don't have permission to upload files to the wiki - either that or I am doing it wrong. If somebody else could try to add these it would be appreciated.
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2011, 08:06 PM by Apjjm.)
08-16-2011, 08:05 PM
Find