Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Work in progress Teamnesia: A community-wide effort
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Teamnesia: The Marathon

AbstractColorfulMoodyPlatformer with cutscene starting to shape up nicely!
Spoiler below!
[Image: teamnesiapicture1.jpg]

Images does no good for this one so I will most likely do an introduction- like video thing.
If I keep this tempo up, this will most likely be ready after 1-2 weeks. Hows everyone else doing?

08-20-2011, 10:05 PM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

I'm operating on a timeline similar to that Khyrpa, but there's no deadline. If you finish yours in 2 weeks but we don't have enough maps to justify a release, you can touch it up or start on a second one :3

08-20-2011, 10:08 PM
Find
Apjjm Offline
Is easy to say

Threads: 18
RE: Teamnesia: A community-wide effort

Update:
Finished programming in moving platforms, now any moving platform with the name "mplatf_" followed by a number of parameters when coupled with a script area named "mplat_<id>" will move the platform subject to the player standing on it, and the platform's parameters (Scripts at about 650 lines now btw, but i've been documenting it this time too). Also, Got the first section (out of 3) or so of game-play down minus tweaks. Still got all the little details to add in like sounds, particles and swapping out a few props.
It takes quite a while (and a number of playthroughs) to balance the level out, as whilst I don't want it to be an exercise in frustration or unfair difficulty, I do want it to be an achievement to get through without a death or two on your first try - I may put in a little super-hard optional bonus area for anybody who manages a deathless run though. If anyone wants to see a little test video i made of the level so far i can upload it.

Might start work on a program that will merge language files together into one either tonight or tomorrow.
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2011, 11:00 PM by Apjjm.)
08-20-2011, 10:59 PM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

I had a small map which was a strict platformer with Daniel being 1/10 of his regular size. However, I felt that the map was lacking pretty well everything, so I abandoned it. I intend to contribute a map in which you play as a young child. The story isn't concrete, but I have a basic idea of what I'm going for.
08-21-2011, 02:32 AM
Find
Phoroneus Offline

Threads: 12

Mapped:
First hub: Courtyard - 12 maps (This is 80% complete, just needs additional lighting/billboards/decor/signage.)
Planned:
Second hub (to be implemented once we have enough maps to need it, i.e. 12): Foyer - 12-20 maps
Third hub: (to be implemented once the Foyer is filled, so after a total of 24 maps): Ring - 4-8 maps
Fourth hub: (to be implemented once the Ring is filled, so after a total of 32 maps): Holding Pens - 8-12 maps.
Total = 36-52 maps.

Essentially, the player will work their way down into this ancient subterranean gladiatorial/execution/public spectacle complex. It doesn't have a story (since what complex has doors all over the place?) but I figured it should at least have a conceptually believable layout. I'm considering adding an impassable "exit" to the courtyard which will have a nice view, but the resource draw on older computers might not be worth the relatively useless bit of scenery (and it'll add substantially to the production time).

For now, I'm not worried about making a story map to go along with it, so I can focus mainly on the hub(s) (and Harvest, which I've been mostly neglecting apart from models - which are coming along splendidly).

When I do make a map, it will probably be airborne, tentatively named Aerostat. I have a few ideas, but acrophobia seems to be one of the big hits when it comes to people's fears (seen here) so I plan to play off that. Feel free to use that poll to make decisions about your own maps, by the way. It was meant to help me decide a direction for Harvest, and it has, but there's no reason it should only have one use.
palistov, I know you have a ModDB account. Are you planning to set up a ModDB page for this compilation or just keep it FG-community-only?

[Image: at_9365860.png]

Follow Harvest.
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2011, 04:20 AM by Phoroneus.)
08-21-2011, 04:18 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

Yeah I'll make a page Phoroneus. Was waiting for a few screenies but I have them so I'll get it up ASAP Smile Thanks for the reminder

08-21-2011, 04:26 AM
Find
NadTheBat Offline

Threads: 4

I'm really liking this idea.... I may have to take a break from my custom story for a bit and try to enter into this Smile
08-21-2011, 07:15 AM
Find
darkside Offline

Threads: 2

(08-20-2011, 07:40 PM)Kyle Wrote: "First off, no key spam," - there's no key spam.
"second, no monster spam" -there's no monster spam
"only one map per mini-story." - where did you read this?

"I don't think the somewhat "demo" that you released for your custom story was worth showing everyone if it was hardly anything. Both maps you made used "old scares"(show me a custom story that made an armor flaming) that I didn't even have any sort of reaction to them." - fuck you.

Sorry, didn't want any offtopic, just wanted to reply.
Carry on Big Grin

Snowy background, anyone?
Now, where was that grunt with the santa hat ....
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2011, 07:01 PM by darkside.)
08-21-2011, 06:38 PM
Find
JenniferOrange Offline

Threads: 43

So we're supposed to make a random map following the guidelines and you'll compile all of our maps into one custom story? Sounds epic! Big GrinD

Ba-da bing, ba-da boom.
08-21-2011, 07:07 PM
Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 36

(08-21-2011, 06:38 PM)darkside Wrote:
(08-20-2011, 07:40 PM)Kyle Wrote: "First off, no key spam," - there's no key spam.
"second, no monster spam" -there's no monster spam
"only one map per mini-story." - where did you read this?

"I don't think the somewhat "demo" that you released for your custom story was worth showing everyone if it was hardly anything. Both maps you made used "old scares"(show me a custom story that made an armor flaming) that I didn't even have any sort of reaction to them." - fuck you.

Sorry, didn't want any offtopic, just wanted to reply.
Carry on Big Grin

It's alright, I just getting really tired of seeing old monsters in a custom story and also the sort of searching for keys when you could break those old doors down easily. I will have to say that the armor on fire was somewhat cool, but random. Tongue

But to be honest, I didn't have any sort of reaction to any of those "scares". xD

08-21-2011, 07:41 PM
Find