Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem: "Couldn't find core_box.dae"
MrLewisMHarris Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Problem: "Couldn't find core_box.dae"

Yeah, I'm getting this ever since I downloaded the v1.2 Update, I am running Windows 7 32bit and I updated a while ago and I remember trying to fix it. Before the update I had this weird version of amnesia:

[Image: screen2.png]

IF YOU CANNOT SEE THAT CLICK HERE!

On that picture you will see I have the Retail version and the steam version. (One being in the C:\Program Files\Amnesia - The Dark Descent and the other is in the C:\Program Files\Amnesia - The Dark Descent\REDIST folder)

So essentially I have to versions on Amnesia. BUT only one of them works, and the one that DOES work is the NON Updated version. so I have no Clue what to do. Also, When I opened the Amnesia (Updated v1.2) Launcher.exe I get this error Message:

[Image: screen3.png]

I checked all around and on the folders and couldn't find it. so it must mean it didn't come with the update. please add it to the update because I cannot play otherwise Sad not even Justine. :/
08-20-2011, 11:34 AM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Problem: "Couldn't find core_box.dae"

it looks like your installation of amnesia is broken as all those files should be in the redist folder. Also, please post windows issues to the main support forum not the mac forum. And you do not have the steam version there. It simply looks like the patch was not applied correctly.. Try uninstalling the game and re-installing the game from scratch and then applying the patch.

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
08-20-2011, 04:59 PM
Website Find