Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Request Need voice actors
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37
Need voice actors

Okay, we are working on really awesome Custom Story. But we want to make quality story and with quality story there are always included voice actors. Our custom story name is
Ray of Hope.

Right now we are searching for 3 voice actors. I can guarantee that we are going to search more of them in future. But right now we want to get enough to release beta!

First one is our main person, who will walk around and who you will play as. Person name is Louis. For him we need around near-30's old man. Since this man will have to voice whole story, person must be ready to co-operate, must be ready to act emotionally.

Second man should be... crazy person. Would be most awesome if he could do different kind of voices so we can use him in future too, for different crazy people Tongue. He will be in flashbacks most of times. Since he is in our demo, that bastard is in our urgent list.

Third one is a policeman voice. He must be pretty strict. He doesn't have many lines. Possibly only few lines overall but we need it for demo. Easy way to get into credits, right Wink?

Now fourth too. We need an evil person voice. It should be pretty deep voice. That person will be main bad guy and have to act many times through the whole story!

Here are now texts what you should voice to get tha job. Of course payment is your name in credits!
Spoiler below!

For Louis!
Quote:This life is so fucked up!

I didn't really want to take these loans. It's just that I didn't have choice. I got scammed. You see, I made a deal with a man. But in reality that deal was worth like selling a house for butter. After that, everything went downhill. First I took a small loan to survive and after that it just got worse and worse. My wife realized how fucked we are too and sold her jewelry immediately. This is just so...

Anyway, I got a letter. It can't be scam because the writer knew my situation. All false letters wouldn't be like that. So I decided to take part of that... journey! I don’t have much to bring with me, but there should be some oil, lamp, and tinderboxes to start with.

God help me that it ends well!

For our madman. Obviously you have to voice act as madman.
Quote:Hahahahahaaa, so there is escape in just next room? Well, I'll just make hole into wall and I am free...(Here we will add ourselves some voices how you destroy wall with something) Wasn't that easy? Now I am free... HAhahahahahaaa. (Voice how monster comes out) Nooo, noo, NOOooOoooO! (basically died)

Police (easiest xD)
Quote:Sir, open the door! We want to talk you, so there is no point hiding! Sir, if you do not do that, we will have to take inappropriate actions! Sir, this is your last chance! Open the door now!

Bad guy
Quote:Now, I give you choice, as I have given this to past 78 people. Do you take same path as most of them, or you drink this potion and live. As my slave, but you do live! Choice is yours!

Nice choice. Now drink it! Don't leave even a drop. You shall became new person, with no worries. You will find... peace. You won't get tortured, as others have!

Thanks, that is all Smile. If you want you can send testing via PM or here. We will notify selected via PM and tell here if we have selected person Smile. Thanks!

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2011, 10:45 PM by Elven.)
08-20-2011, 07:28 PM
Find
Xss Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Need voice actors

Hm, I might give it a try tomorrow! Smile
08-21-2011, 05:22 AM
Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

bump Smile! We have now Moddb up too to get more info about voice acting: http://www.moddb.com/mods/ray-of-hope

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
08-22-2011, 01:21 PM
Find
BubbleTroll Offline

Threads: 6

holy jesus.
When i was watching the demo i freaking jumped out of my chair cause of these sounds x3
ear rape incluced.
08-22-2011, 05:15 PM
Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

Haha Big Grin! Our Custom story gonna be so awesome Tongue. Praise in our custom thread please, we want all input and that stuff there Smile!

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
08-22-2011, 06:28 PM
Find
Xss Offline

Dang, I completely forgot about this topic! Do you guys still need voice acting? '.'
08-27-2011, 05:46 PM
Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

Yes, we do ^^, more the merrier. Beta is out but for final version is needed for sure Smile. We are taking this more slowly now tho Wink

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
08-27-2011, 06:01 PM
Find
Xss Offline

Okay, here are my tries! Smile I didn't do the "crazy voice", because I am already dubbing a similar character for another custom story.

http://www.partage-facile.com/AT8U2CT4FT...p.mp3.html
http://www.partage-facile.com/TK2M6TXEO9...r.mp3.html
http://www.partage-facile.com/JKSM9GLN1D...y.mp3.html

Now, I should point out that I think some of your text presents some mistakes in it (either of vocab, grammar, punctuation, or all of them) that make it hard to understand sometimes '.'
ie: "We want to talk you" instead of "we want to talk to you", "78 people" instead of "78 persons".
Also, the whole passage "Do you take same path as most of them, or you drink this potion and live. As my slave, but you do live!" makes little to no sense to me: I have no clue what the character is trying to say so I didn't know how to say it. :/
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2011, 09:18 PM by Xss.)
08-27-2011, 09:18 PM
Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

Ah ignore Smile. I wrote it quickly so people would have something to try Tongue. I like that you are good with grammar tho, gives big bonus for my story, that there is someone who can help with grammar.

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
08-27-2011, 09:44 PM
Find
JetlinerX Offline

Threads: 49

@Xas-
Translation:
You can take the same path as most of the others, or you can choose to drink this potion and live as my slave... but at least you live!

Your Voice Acting for Louis was freaking amazing. I may use you in the near future Smile

Hope that helps.

Lead Developer of "The Attic"
~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2011, 11:22 PM by JetlinerX.)
08-27-2011, 11:20 PM
Website Find