Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changes after you died.
cantremember Offline

Threads: 29
Changes after you died.

In the manual it says that elements in the game world change after you died.
In practice I think it mostly means the monster that killed you will be gone or somewhere else.

Is there a complete list of what exacly changes when you die where?

The first grunt you meet in the refinary, getting killed by him means he won't be there when you respawn.

I tried to get killed a few times by the grunt that comes when you pick up the two rods in the storage, but this one never seems to disappear, he just stood a little further back.

I've read (but not tried myself) that if you die three times at the hands of the water monster that he disappears completely aswell.

I guess it could be a way to cheat yourself through the game, just let yourself get killed and the monster won't be there next time, but it doesn't seem to always work. is there any clarity on how exacly it works?
08-22-2011, 08:50 PM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21
RE: Changes after you died.

Some don't disappear, they just move to new locations
08-23-2011, 03:28 AM
Website Find
Juby Away

Threads: 2
RE: Changes after you died.

When you die at the doing of an enemy, they either disappear or move or maybe don't change (unknown in my experiences if they can stay).They made monsters disappear and move around due to immersion reasons and difficulty. Repetition hurts immersion and maybe sometimes the players just can't complete a certain part. You could really "cheat" through the game, but that would ruin the horror aspect, which is the reason the game was made.

Insanity. Static.
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2011, 04:02 AM by Juby.)
08-23-2011, 04:02 AM
Find