Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Which of the following did you discover in Harvest: Prologue (Part I)?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Grunt
10.00%
1 10.00%
The Alcove
10.00%
1 10.00%
All Four Notes
10.00%
1 10.00%
The Well Ending
20.00%
2 20.00%
The Hall Ending
10.00%
1 10.00%
The Tunnel
10.00%
1 10.00%
Alcove Spiders
10.00%
1 10.00%
Well Spiders
0%
0 0%
Removable Torch(es)
20.00%
2 20.00%
Breakable Prison Door
0%
0 0%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request Harvest: Prologue Questionnaire (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)
Phoroneus Offline

Threads: 12
Harvest: Prologue Questionnaire (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

I'm just wondering what everyone is finding in the first map of Harvest: Prologue. Please indicate whichever of the above you've found, so I know what works and what doesn't (or what is too obscure).

[Image: at_9365860.png]

Follow Harvest.
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2011, 05:47 PM by Phoroneus.)
08-23-2011, 02:44 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64
RE: Harvest: Prologue Questionnaire

(08-23-2011, 02:44 PM)Phoroneus Wrote: I'm just wondering what everyone is finding in the first map of Harvest: Prologue. Please indicate whichever of the above you've found, so I know what works and what doesn't (or what is too obscure).

Just finished it. Okay first of all I love that atmosphere very creepy and that Well climbing was new for me and "large pin script" not always the "Crowbar thing same smash that door and effects come visible and so on".

Only one flaw that was too short I know it's demo but very short demo. Not a lot exploring. But for a short demo that was unique and awesome. Waiting part 2.

“Life is a game, play it”
08-23-2011, 02:58 PM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

Looks like Im the only one that voted. I tried messing with the well. But the little trap door was locked and I coudlnt find the key for it so I gave up.
08-23-2011, 03:33 PM
Website Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

Please put [spoiler] into your name ^^. Else you might spoil something to someone Smile.

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
08-23-2011, 03:52 PM
Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 36

Spoiler below!

I couldn't find a lot of stuff. If you planned for the custom story to be an interactive one, then you could have said so. I liked it, but it seemed all a bit too limited. It makes me want to try out different paths and play it multiple times. Tongue

08-23-2011, 04:29 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79

(08-23-2011, 04:29 PM)Kyle Wrote:
Spoiler below!

I couldn't find a lot of stuff. If you planned for the custom story to be an interactive one, then you could have said so. I liked it, but it seemed all a bit too limited. It makes me want to try out different paths and play it multiple times. Tongue

Ya same.
Spoiler below!
I found only the well ending so far. I'm gonna go back and try for all of the things on the poll.

Btw, when you fall into the well. I kept floating up and down in weird intervals or something, is that suppose to be swimming or something you put in?

Edit: Need well spiders & breakable prison door. It was fun dodging the grunt at the hallway ending. Managed to get away and he stopped chasing me. I dont think the spiders work.

Edit2: Whats the breakble prison door? I tried riding the grunt to all the doors, but it didn't work Sad

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2011, 05:47 PM by Rapture.)
08-23-2011, 04:50 PM
Find
Phoroneus Offline

Threads: 12

(08-23-2011, 04:50 PM)Rapture Wrote:
(08-23-2011, 04:29 PM)Kyle Wrote:
Spoiler below!

Ya same.
Spoiler below!
I found only the well ending so far. I'm gonna go back and try for all of the things on the poll.

Btw, when you fall into the well. I kept floating up and down in weird intervals or something, is that suppose to be swimming or something you put in?

Edit: Need well spiders & breakable prison door. It was fun dodging the grunt at the hallway ending. Managed to get away and he stopped chasing me. I dont think the spiders work.

Edit2: Whats the breakble prison door? I tried riding the grunt to all the doors, but it didn't work Sad

Spoiler below!
The bobbing in the well is a bug. I'll see about fixing it, but it's come and gone a dozen times. It has to do with the player's collision with an invisible floor just beneath the surface of the water, meant to slow them down so that they sink more slowly. If it doesn't vanish the way it's supposed to (per callback function) the player will just float on top of it. I might try lowering it a bit so that the player ends up underwater either way.

The well spiders and alcove spiders only appear if you stay in those locations (mid-climb in the well or sitting up in the alcove) for one to two minutes (it does a check every 60 seconds and if you're there for two consecutive checks, it starts dropping bugs on you). It's meant to keep the player from camping in one of the locations in order to escape the grunt. Basically the spiders are analogous to the Shadow in original Amnesia, meant to keep the player moving. They'll be a fixture in Harvest proper, especially chapter two.

There is also a spider flood if you trigger the grunt to come after you (in the hallway ending). From the time you hit the trigger area onward, a spider will spawn in the entrance to the tunnel every few seconds. They can be partially mitigated by leaving that door closed, but they will eventually escape through the bars of the cells.

Only one of the prison doors is breakable. It's meant to keep the player from hiding in cell 2 (marked by Roman numerals) or impeding the grunt by opening the door into the narrow hallway. It's one of the custom entities which acts like a normal prison door but becomes a pushable entity if the grunt attacks it (it has twice the health of a normal door, however). It's not something you'd normally encounter, but it solved one of the main problems with the grunt getting stuck in the "BreakDoor" loop. I considered making the cell 3 door also breakable, but it's already a custom entity (that allows you to reach through the bars to get the padlock, which is impossible with the regular prison doors).

TL;DR:
Spoiler below!
The alcove spiders are meant to force the player out of hiding, the well spiders are meant to force the player back down from his climb, the "spider flood" which occurs when the player triggers the grunt to attack him via script area in the hall is meant to keep the player from hiding indefinitely from the grunt, and the breakable door is on cell 2, it's a custom entity designed to prevent the player from getting the grunt stuck in a "BreakDoor" loop.

I considered making the map call itself in order to give people multiple runs, or to make it keep calling itself until both "real" endings were reached, but figured that people would rather just run it once at a time instead of being forced to do it multiple times in order to get out.

The credits, by the way, are in their final form (pending any credits for voice acting, music, or animations that I may or may not utilize from other contributors), so they're very long for such a short map. They're meant to be the last bit after all three Prologue maps are complete, but I didn't feel like adding them in later. :3

[Image: at_9365860.png]

Follow Harvest.
08-23-2011, 06:01 PM
Find