Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exact barrier blow-up callbacks
ObsidianLegion Offline

Threads: 53
Exclamation  Exact barrier blow-up callbacks

I need the callbacks and such to combine two chemicals and make them blow up a barrier, including the scripts for making that barrier dissapear using smoke and explosion noises.

I'll piece them together once I have them Smile

Thanks Cool

"Good men mean well; they just don't always end up doing well." -Isaac Clarke, Dead Space 2, Chapter 12
08-23-2011, 11:27 PM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67
RE: Exact barrier blow-up callbacks

All of the functions are on the script functions wiki page. Here.

Use an item combination and make the barrier(s) inactive. Use timers & variables to control the event.

08-24-2011, 12:30 AM
Find
ObsidianLegion Offline

(08-24-2011, 12:30 AM)palistov Wrote: All of the functions are on the script functions wiki page. Here.

Use an item combination and make the barrier(s) inactive. Use timers & variables to control the event.

D: I don't know where to look! :/
(08-24-2011, 12:30 AM)palistov Wrote: All of the functions are on the script functions wiki page. Here.

And I have NO idea how to use variables. Timers make me confuzzled too

"Good men mean well; they just don't always end up doing well." -Isaac Clarke, Dead Space 2, Chapter 12
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2011, 12:02 PM by ObsidianLegion.)
08-25-2011, 11:59 AM
Find
Ongka Offline

Threads: 3

You should script simple things and get knowledge before wanting to do complex scripts which you can't do by yourself and have to ask the community to make.
Just look up scripts from the original game and try to understand them.

[Image: 18694.png]
08-25-2011, 05:14 PM
Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

You need to start from simple stuff indeed. You cannot script heavy stuff if you dont even know how to look up everything from your bible, as all of it is there.

Once you have studied how to use it and you have basic understanding of things, you can go more complex stuff.

Scripting is hardest thing of all mapping imo. It is most time consuming and includes working on problem after problem and thinking how to make work.

Asking help doesn't help yourself. Next time you are here to ask again Tongue. Don't get me wrong, I am here only to give you hints how to become better. I started scripting too only 1 and half head ago. Thankly I got hang of it quickly because I have pretty good head. But yeah, you should look into most basics first and once you get stuck, then we can help you more easily, then start from scratch Smile. People study from their own mistakes.

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2011, 05:22 PM by Elven.)
08-25-2011, 05:19 PM
Find
ObsidianLegion Offline

Big thanks to you guys, but I wanted to challenge myself. I believe it's the way forward. I'm doing this so it won't be boring, you know? All for you guys Smile

I'm sure you'll be glad to know, once I get this hurdle out of the way, I'll be on my sixth level! (Out of 20 xD) So don't expect something anytime soon.

Spoiler below!

I may just give an alpha of what I've got so far. IF you're lucky Wink Considering my whole storyline has changed. So that demo was a taster of the small amount I could do :/

Level 1=
Scripting-100%
Build-100%

Level 2=
Scripting-100%
Build- 100%

Level 3=
Scripting- 100%
Build- 100%

Level 4=
Scripting- 99.9% (One Small Error. Will fix)
Build- 100%

Level 5=
Scripting- 80%
Build- 65%

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2011, 08:16 PM by ObsidianLegion.)
08-25-2011, 08:15 PM
Find