Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Exception access violation- mydocuments/overture problem
drelor Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Exception access violation- mydocuments/overture problem

I installed the game and my brother was playing it fine. Now when i went to get on all i get is the auto play and when i click play it goes black and then straight to the crash. Anyone know what wrong with it?
05-15-2007, 12:00 PM
Find
drelor Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Exception access violation

Penumbra.exe at 001B:00526E35

Also I just got the cd from best buy yesterday new in box.
05-15-2007, 12:01 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

You might have made some bad setting.

Go to "My Documents/Penumbra Overture/Episode One/" and delete settings.cfg, start the game again.
05-15-2007, 12:28 PM
Find
drelor Offline

Thomas Wrote:You might have made some bad setting.

Go to "My Documents/Penumbra Overture/Episode One/" and delete settings.cfg, start the game again.

Didn't help Sad
05-15-2007, 02:07 PM
Find
drelor Offline

I've even reinstalled it and i'm now getting the same error again. Didn't change any settings.
05-15-2007, 02:08 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Is this happening because you are using the play option in a auto-run menu from the cd?

Have you tried launching the game directly with the penumbra.exe? If you locate the installation dir, and go into the redist folder you'll find the Penumbra.exe.
05-15-2007, 02:30 PM
Website Find
drelor Offline

jens Wrote:Is this happening because you are using the play option in a auto-run menu from the cd?

Have you tried launching the game directly with the penumbra.exe? If you locate the installation dir, and go into the redist folder you'll find the Penumbra.exe.

I've tried penumbra.exe and the auto run. Using the actual path doesn't help. My penumbra.exe was in the redist folder not the install folder though. I still don't know what's wrong.
05-15-2007, 08:33 PM
Find
drelor Offline

drelor Wrote:
jens Wrote:Is this happening because you are using the play option in a auto-run menu from the cd?

I've tried penumbra.exe and the auto run. The ones installed on the computer don't help and using the actual path doesn't help. My penumbra.exe was in the redist folder not the install folder though. I still don't know what's wrong.
05-15-2007, 08:44 PM
Find
Luis Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 19

Could you post the contents of the 'hpl.log' file? You can find it in (your My documents folder)\Penumbra Overture\Episode1

EOF
05-15-2007, 08:58 PM
Find
drelor Offline

Luis Wrote:Could you post the contents of the 'hpl.log' file? You can find it in (your My documents folder)\Penumbra Overture\Episode1

The errorlog? Where in the episode 1 folder is it? OK i found it, but it dosen't attach. It says it the wrong type of file to attach. How do i put it up?
05-15-2007, 09:05 PM
Find