Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

How to green screen in Amnesia
ZxBrad Offline

Threads: 29
How to green screen in Amnesia

I would like to put a grunt in a video i made with my camera.

WARNING: Noob Doesn't Know How To Script.
[Image: xcn384.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2011, 06:03 AM by ZxBrad.)
08-25-2011, 11:46 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: How to green screen in Amnesia

I don't know if it's gonna work. But you could create a green room in the Amnesia lvl editor and put a grunt into it. Then record you playing it and green screen the video clip and put it into your other video. Just a thought.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
08-26-2011, 09:54 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

You could use the plain black wall pieces and then chroma key out black. Though there is probably some black spots on the grunt so that could mess it up

Posting Freak
08-28-2011, 06:07 PM
Website Find
GraphicsKid Offline

Threads: 34

You also need to take into consideration things like lighting: does the light in your video match up with the light on the grunt? Does the grunt accurately cast shadows on the environment in the video? Do things in the video cast shadows on the grunt? Also about shooting the video: is the focal length the same as it is in Amnesia (short answer: NO, very hard to get a 124 degree field of view in a real camera).

Above all else, is the camera actually going to move the way the view moves in Amnesia? VERY difficult to control, best to just matchmove the shot and import into a 3d app like blender, import the grunt and recreate the material as best you can, then insert THAT into your footage.

Check out this video of mine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f41ul3mjxSU
08-28-2011, 07:52 PM
Find
ZxBrad Offline

Threads: 29

(08-28-2011, 07:52 PM)GraphicsKid Wrote: You also need to take into consideration things like lighting: does the light in your video match up with the light on the grunt? Does the grunt accurately cast shadows on the environment in the video? Do things in the video cast shadows on the grunt? Also about shooting the video: is the focal length the same as it is in Amnesia (short answer: NO, very hard to get a 124 degree field of view in a real camera).

Above all else, is the camera actually going to move the way the view moves in Amnesia? VERY difficult to control, best to just matchmove the shot and import into a 3d app like blender, import the grunt and recreate the material as best you can, then insert THAT into your footage.

Check out this video of mine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f41ul3mjxSU

Omg i feel special - its funny i was watching your grunt in real life video today. Um like you said about the matchmove and other stuff will it go with sony vegas. after effects is too hard.

WARNING: Noob Doesn't Know How To Script.
[Image: xcn384.gif]

08-31-2011, 08:58 AM
Find