Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.14 Average
Icarus
Miss Rigi Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Icarus

(10-13-2011, 08:08 PM)TheShadowSythe Wrote: It was very short, but good.

Can I use these maps (modified) for my CS? Wink
You'd have to check with Kurton on that.

Vos rapio meus spiritus absentis.
Voice Actress
10-13-2011, 10:08 PM
Find
JohnHawkz Offline

Threads: 5

I will record this after my raid ^^
10-20-2011, 06:09 PM
Find
Oddity007 Offline

Threads: 1

The ending was well presented, but mildly unoriginal and does little to tie back to the Icarus theme. Would have liked it more if instead of a monster attacking me, I would have to follow the shadowy lady off the edge of the tower, thinking that it was a Jacobs Ladder that I'd be walking on. Then I'd come to my senses and it'd be like a gravity rickroll, with me falling and dying. That'd echo "Icarus" more to me.
(10-12-2011, 08:20 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Your comparison is unfair, because in Portal there are lots of information we are given, even there is a comic book. But in Icarus we are given almost nothing.
Your comparison is unfair. Portal was a full game, the comic book was bonus background information that was not given as a part of Portal 1. This is just a prologue, not a full game.

Besides that, there is plenty of environmental information given at a faster rate than Portal 1 even achieved, in just 5 minutes, I formed the same amount of questions that I did with Portal, despite Portal being a longer experience.

"Who is that voice?"
"What are those footsteps, and why did that person unlock the 1st door?"
"Where is that voice?"
"What is the story behind this tower?"
"Why are there lit candles in a seemingly vacant building?"
"Why am I being reminded of climbing to the heavens as if it were some promise I made?"
"What is this promise and how does it relate to the situation of the lady and myself?"

If Kurton and Rigi do answer these questions in the next few episodes, there is potential that they will have more story in a shorter period of time than Portal 1 did.
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2011, 02:14 AM by Oddity007.)
10-21-2011, 02:11 AM
Find
Miss Rigi Offline

The original concept for this was me playing around with the idea of how personable your pop-up text could be. At the time, I found the Icarus tale analogy good for stocking said text. In short, the first version of this was very pulled-out-of-ass.

However, like the derpy kind of person I am, I began to flesh the story out. I decided the conflict between ye olde protagonist and the woman, I established backstory, I created other characters, and I even juggled some minor mythology. The revisions made reflect all of these things, but of course I'd love to save them for our second installment.

Still, this first short bit was originally designed to be a test, not a tale, and was written as such. What will follow will be the opposite, rest assured.

Voice Actress
10-21-2011, 02:21 AM
Find
SilentStriker Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 26

I did a playthrough of it and i must say it was very entertaining Smile

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2011, 08:57 PM by SilentStriker.)
11-06-2011, 08:56 PM
Find
madman610 Offline

Threads: 0

this custom story does'nt seem all that
bad ima try it out for myself
12-28-2011, 04:15 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

I checked this out on Moddb, all I can say is the reviews people gave this make me want to rage quit on life :| seriously, I hate the assumption that for a custom story to be good you have to reach a certain quota on scares, it's just total bullshit logic... Oh well, just know Kurton and Rigi that you two made a great custom story, don't listen to all the idiots who can't appreciate anything other than cheaply placed poorer monsters and jump scares. Also Rigi, I must say that I was mind blown when you explained the whole story to me, you really have some serious talent when it comes to coming up with stories!

Posting Freak
12-28-2011, 05:23 AM
Website Find
Miss Rigi Offline

(12-28-2011, 05:23 AM)kman Wrote: I checked this out on Moddb, all I can say is the reviews people gave this make me want to rage quit on life :| seriously, I hate the assumption that for a custom story to be good you have to reach a certain quota on scares, it's just total bullshit logic... Oh well, just know Kurton and Rigi that you two made a great custom story, don't listen to all the idiots who can't appreciate anything other than cheaply placed poorer monsters and jump scares. Also Rigi, I must say that I was mind blown when you explained the whole story to me, you really have some serious talent when it comes to coming up with stories!
Oh man, after explaining it I was worried that I'd broken you :/

Voice Actress
12-28-2011, 05:33 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(12-28-2011, 05:33 AM)Miss Rigi Wrote:
(12-28-2011, 05:23 AM)kman Wrote: I checked this out on Moddb, all I can say is the reviews people gave this make me want to rage quit on life :| seriously, I hate the assumption that for a custom story to be good you have to reach a certain quota on scares, it's just total bullshit logic... Oh well, just know Kurton and Rigi that you two made a great custom story, don't listen to all the idiots who can't appreciate anything other than cheaply placed poorer monsters and jump scares. Also Rigi, I must say that I was mind blown when you explained the whole story to me, you really have some serious talent when it comes to coming up with stories!
Oh man, after explaining it I was worried that I'd broken you :/
you did a little bit XD but i recovered and understood it Tongue

Posting Freak
12-28-2011, 06:14 AM
Website Find
Skashi Away
Pirate

Threads: 28

don't know why but it's my favourite CS :O
12-28-2011, 09:44 PM
Find