Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: [solved]Linux demo 1.0.1 installation problems under Ubuntu 7.04.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm kind of new to Linux, so perhaps there is something I'm doing wrong. The sh command worked fine installing an older, beta version of the demo. I get:

Verifying archive integrity...Error in MD5 checksums: 14eeebec042d014975dcfe2b40a49fc8 is different from 6d6b6a2cd2e5658b6f7fe5e3038ab0de

Here is a screenshot:
[Image: screenshotintruder13intwz5.jpg]
intruder13 Wrote:Verifying archive integrity...Error in MD5 checksums: 14eeebec042d014975dcfe2b40a49fc8 is different from 6d6b6a2cd2e5658b6f7fe5e3038ab0de

All this means is the installer performed an integrity check on itself to see whether it was fully downloaded and error-free. Evidently it wasn't. You should try downloading the demo again.
GFree Wrote:
intruder13 Wrote:Verifying archive integrity...Error in MD5 checksums: 14eeebec042d014975dcfe2b40a49fc8 is different from 6d6b6a2cd2e5658b6f7fe5e3038ab0de

All this means is the installer performed an integrity check on itself to see whether it was fully downloaded and error-free. Evidently it wasn't. You should try downloading the demo again.
I totally forgot to mention, as I had planned, that I downloaded from at least three different sources. I'll try it one more time, though.
Well that's not good. Maybe they stuffed up the demo?
GFree Wrote:Well that's not good. Maybe they stuffed up the demo?
Maybe. Well I downloaded it again and watched the download status until it was finished to be sure I got the complete file. Ran the file at the terminal. Same result.

I've tried the version from:

GameUpdates.org (bittorrent)
Gamershell.com (United Kingdom #1, United Kingdom #2, Australia)
FileFront.com

I've tried it five times. Same result. I really hope they don't have to pull them Sad .
Same for me.

Edit: ./PenumbraOvertureDemo-1.0.1.sh --tar xf
didn't work. The file has been corrupted before uploading it to the mirrors.
Thib_G Wrote:Same for me.

Edit: ./PenumbraOvertureDemo-1.0.1.sh --tar xf
didn't work. The file has been corrupted before uploading it to the mirrors.

Thanks all for reporting this error. I have verified it myself, and passed the word along so it will get fixed.
Sorry about this!

Mirrors are updated as we speak!
Should be updated now, be sure to refresh the download page so it doesn't list old mirrors
The installer works fine, I'll try the demo in a few moments, but it should work since the beta were fine.