Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Entity creation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Lets say i have a group of objects selected in my level editor. Is there ANY WAY to get that group of objects into an .ent file, or atleast make that group of objects a SINGLE entitiy?
Press B when selected?
That creates a compound, but not an entity. Im not sure what the exact difference is, if any.
You're going to need to use the model editor, then.
(09-02-2011, 04:39 AM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]You're going to need to use the model editor, then.

I was trying that, but what im trying to create is a mix of two existing entities, but i can't import both at the same time into model editor, atleast, not that i know of anyway.
(09-02-2011, 04:40 AM)ZRPT1 Wrote: [ -> ]I was trying that, but what im trying to create is a mix of two existing entities, but i can't import both at the same time into model editor, atleast, not that i know of anyway.

Why? Does it crash on you? When making a custom model, you have to start from scratch by importing .dae models. "Open" is only for editing an already existing entity.
Let me go and try that real fast, i'll edit the post with my results.

Edit: This is what happens
I import the Dae of the first prop i would need.
Then i try importing another, but it just replaces it. I'm not sure what exactly i'm doing wrong.
(09-02-2011, 05:06 AM)ZRPT1 Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: This is what happens
Then i try importing another, but it just replaces it. I'm not sure what exactly i'm doing wrong.

Just tried it too, and it does the same thing. Looks like your only option is to try to manually merge .dae files or try to do without.
(09-02-2011, 05:22 AM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-02-2011, 05:06 AM)ZRPT1 Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: This is what happens

Just tried it too, and it does the same thing. Looks like your only option is to try to manually merge .dae files or try to do without.

*sigh*
What i want to do is still possible, it's just it would require me to make a line of coding for EACH ENTITY. Do that 20 times, set timers for those 20 items, and it's NOT fun.

I'll find an alternative, thank you for your help though.
(09-02-2011, 05:32 AM)ZRPT1 Wrote: [ -> ]What i want to do is still possible, it's just it would require me to make a line of coding for EACH ENTITY. Do that 20 times, set timers for those 20 items, and it's NOT fun.

For loops can help with that; should bring things down to a few lines of code (if the entities are named conveniently).
Pages: 1 2