Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Selyp's Custom Models
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Managed to get a decent texture on the ceiling lamp.

Spoiler below!

[Image: Screenshot2011-09-07at82908PM.png]

However, when I load it in ModelView it seems like the light bulb part of the texture is not loading properly, causing it to be see through. Anyone experienced this before? It's strange because it looks okay in Maya.

This is what I mean.
Spoiler below!

[Image: Capture.png]

It seems whichever way I rotate it, the side facing the camera is see through.
Sorry to triple post, but I finally completed a model of an Industrial Fan. I can't take full credit for this, as I followed a highly detailed tutorial and the textures were provided by said tutorial, but still thought I'd post here for people to use. It is kinda high poly, but I think it turned out pretty nice. Added it to the main page, also here is a screen. Uploading to ModDB right now. Will post the link when it gets authorized.

Spoiler below!
[Image: IndustrialFan.png]

Also made an animation of the fan blades slowly spinning, but still trying to figure out how to add that into the Amnesia editors. Will upload if I can figure it out.
(09-08-2011, 07:44 AM)Selyp Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to triple post, but I finally completed a model of an Industrial Fan. I can't take full credit for this, as I followed a highly detailed tutorial and the textures were provided by said tutorial, but still thought I'd post here for people to use. It is kinda high poly, but I think it turned out pretty nice. Added it to the main page, also here is a screen. Uploading to ModDB right now. Will post the link when it gets authorized.

Also made an animation of the fan blades slowly spinning, but still trying to figure out how to add that into the Amnesia editors. Will upload if I can figure it out.

The animations is a great idea. Only as an enemy I'm afraid. Maybe an "enemy" that is very,very configured to not react to anything, no alarms etc... Also all its animations will be the same. It will work fine though. Does it have a texture? In the pics it is not shown.

Also, about the ceiling lamp bulb: are you using two textures for the lamp or one for all the model? Maybe you made the bulb mat file to be translucent? But either way, I think that all bulbs are translucent so why consider this a "bug"? In order to find out if there is a problem check the modeleditor.log file
Yeah there is a texture, it just didn't show up well in that screen for some reason. I loaded it into the level editor and it looks okay though. However, it is large in comparison to the other entities, so it needs to be scaled down a bit.
What about the spinning water wheel? That's not an "enemy" entity is it?

As for the lamp, it is all one texture which is why I'm confused. I didn't even have a .mat file yet, was just loading it into model view to make that. Semi Translucent would be okay, but it's like it's cutting it in half.
You should make the mat file using Material Editor. Then, import the mesh in Level Editor and after adding a body to make it an entity and lamp user variables, export the .ent file to be able to use it in-game. Then, open it at Model Viewer.
I redid the Ceiling Lamp model, and texture and now it is working. Waiting authorization from ModDB, here is a screenshot in the meantime. This one is pretty low poly and hopefully looks less like a "robot's boob" lol.

Spoiler below!

[Image: Screenshot2011-09-08at71958PM.png]

Going to try and retexture the Wall Sconce from earlier and see if it works out better now that I have a better idea what to do.

UPDATE : Finished!
Kinda cheated, used the texture provided by the tutorial, but at least it works now.

Spoiler below!
[Image: Screenshot2011-09-08at80051PM.png]
They look better now but I think that in order for these to look realistic, the lamp part has to be translucent(can see though - like a bulb).
(09-09-2011, 08:19 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]They look better now but I think that in order for these to look realistic, the lamp part has to be translucent(can see though - like a bulb).

I totally agree. I will work on my texturing and hopefully be able to make this happen.

On another note, working on some crystals for the underwater caves in Atlantia. Here's a rough draft.

Spoiler below!

[Image: Screenshot2011-09-09at34819PM.png]

Very nice crystals C: I feel as though it would look more natural if the base was a darker color, maybe more gray or brown, to make the crystals look like separate constructs growing out of the ground.
(09-08-2011, 08:59 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]The animations is a great idea. Only as an enemy I'm afraid. Maybe an "enemy" that is very,very configured to not react to anything, no alarms etc... Also all its animations will be the same. It will work fine though. Does it have a texture? In the pics it is not shown.
Animations will be no problem. There are things which have animations and aren't enemies. The animated slime for example Smile

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6