Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Maya - Using revolved surfaces in the model editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

Earlier I was having some trouble with a model I made being cut off in the model editor/level editors. I have now realized that it only seems to do this with revolved surfaces made in Maya. I am not sure if I just have the wrong settings when I use Revolve the surface, or if there is just an incompatibility with revolved surfaces for some reason. Has anyone expierenced this issue and/or found a fix for this?

When I use Revolve, I am making sure the output is polygons.
just a hunch but did u try deleting the history? maybe its because its still connected to profile curve and curve is not poly?
Yes, you should always delete history before you export. And as you said before, make sure output is poly and not nurbs.
Went back and deleted history, and verified the output was poly. Unfortunately, it still didn't work. Sad
is the original curve deleted?
(09-10-2011, 01:46 AM)Endlvl Wrote: [ -> ]is the original curve deleted?

Yes it is.

EDIT: I believe I solved it. I unticked the box called Remove Static Curves when exporting from Maya and it seems to have worked.
It must of still been there then, hidden or something.
The strange thing is I UNticked that box. It was ticked previously. Seems counter intuitive.