Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Map file?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was working on a custom story and needed daniels room, but when I modified it and saved, the entire Maps folder disappeared!!! Blush Any way i can get a new one? Or if i Start a new game, will it come back?? Confused
If the game's maps folder went missing (which sounds very odd), you'll have to reinstall (or verify game files if you have Steam).
(09-11-2011, 03:45 PM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]If the game's maps folder went missing (which sounds very odd), you'll have to reinstall (or verify game files if you have Steam).
reinstall? How? And will that take a while?
(09-11-2011, 07:37 PM)TheShadowSythe Wrote: [ -> ]reinstall? How? And will that take a while?

If you weren't the one that installed the game on the computer, then ask the one who did. I don't know what operating system you're using or what distributor you got the game from, so i can't provide definite installation instructions or estimate the time.
(09-11-2011, 08:14 PM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2011, 07:37 PM)TheShadowSythe Wrote: [ -> ]reinstall? How? And will that take a while?

If you weren't the one that installed the game on the computer, then ask the one who did. I don't know what operating system you're using or what distributor you got the game from, so i can't provide definite installation instructions or estimate the time.
maybe its turn into a important file

Go to C:\Users\--YOUR-USER-NAME--\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Amnesia - The Dark Descent\ and in there you should find the "missing" files. Next time, make sure you always run the editors as administrator.