Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Level Editor Crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello!
I've followed the instructions on the wiki page carefully when installing the HPL editor suite. Only the map viewer works: all the others crash and the black box gives me the "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" error. I've read much on the wiki page and on the forum and couldn't find any fix. The only possible problem I could detect is not having a file called "MainEditorSettings.cfg", mentioned on the wiki page. Did anyone fix this before? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

P.S. I'm running on Windows 7.
Right click it and hit "Run as Administrator."
I have already tried that many times with no success... thanks, anyway!
well that's weird when you missing a file it Would making it by it self Where did you download the editor.
what for version you got the Steam Version ?
(09-13-2011, 01:05 PM)UnseenLegend ( NL ) Wrote: [ -> ]well that's weird when you missing a file it Would making it by it self Where did you download the editor.
what for version you got the Steam Version ?

I have the game from Frictional Games site, and the editor is from there as well.
Is it possible that I need some kind of plugins to run the editor?
Is Amnesia updated?
(09-17-2011, 01:40 AM)xiphirx Wrote: [ -> ]Is Amnesia updated?
Yes, I have the latest update (1.2).
Still looking for a fix... but I am close to giving up. I had so many plans for editing a custom story!
Start the level editor again (to make sure the hpl.log contains the relative information) and post the hpl.log from (My )Documents/Amnesia/Main. And is there any more detail about the error you can give us?
Pages: 1 2