Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: A bit of an odd occurrence (I would imagine)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ciao everyone! So I have recently purchased my own copy of Amnesia from a local game store. My issues is, after installing it (disc version), I was not given a "main" folder within C:/Program files(x86)/Amnesia. The game itself works fine, but I've been attempting to run the level editor and I can't seem to accomplish this. I was told in order to make it work from the disc version, I'm suppose to put all the contents of the hlp_yadayada.rar into the "main" folder. This is a problem since... well I don't have one. The editor won't work when put inside the redist folder, or the base Amnesia folder. I have downloaded and integrated the necessary plugins, my computer is completely capable of running the game. The error I usually get when trying to run is:
[Image: theerrorp.png]

most probably you installed the editor in the wrong folder. Make sure you read this:

http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/start
Yes I... read that a few times. Regardless it says nothing about folder placement but still, the issue I want to deal with is that I do NOT have a "main" folder. the only thing in the folder "Amnesia DD" is the redist folder. That doesn't seem right. Also, against your solution, I have put it in every possible folder I could. I make sure to troubleshoot as best I can before annoying people with my problems ^_^
You have to extract the archive at redist folder, this is the main folder of the game. After that it should work just fine
Yes yes, that's what I figured. If it was that simple I wouldn't be here, as I've done that a few times over again. hmmm...
Sounds like you have an older version of the file. Does your game include Justine?
(09-15-2011, 12:29 AM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like you have an older version of the file. Does your game include Justine?
Justine? No I don't believe so... is that a nick name for a software, or an actual character?
Googled' working on the update now! I'll report in with the outcome ^_^
I had no idea there was an update. xD
It's an expansion for Amnesia released some time ago.
You need to check your publishers website to find a suitable installation for your game, 1.2 from Frictional site won't work for you.
Wait... D: Where am I suppose to download it from then?!
I bought it from a gamestore, the most I can see is that it's been picked up by THQ. O.o
Pages: 1 2