Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Mass Houdini
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I need to make a huge amount of stuff disappear, but is there anyway to do it without filling up notepad++ with object numbers towards the hundreds?
I don't think SetEntityActive() supports wildcards, but you can verify that for me:
Code:
SetEntityActive("entity_name_*", false);

Otherwise, the answer to your question is no.
Yes, SetEntityActive works for such a thing. You'll just have to rename things in the editor so that the
SetEntityActive("debris_*, false);
matches up.

In case you didn't know, the * indicates that everything prefixed by "debris_" will be subject to this code.

(09-15-2011, 04:15 AM)Obliviator27 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, SetEntityActive works for such a thing. You'll just have to rename things in the editor so that the
SetEntityActive("debris_*, false);
matches up.

In case you didn't know, the * indicates that everything prefixed by "debris_" will be subject to this code.
I'm not sure I understand. So basically, If I rename every one of my book rows into "book_" then using "book_*" will make them all act as "one" deactivatable entity?
(09-15-2011, 04:59 AM)Bennick Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure I understand. So basically, If I rename every one of my book rows into "book_" then using "book_*" will make them all act as "one" deactivatable entity?
Hah, sorry. My explanations seem to suck.

If you have entities in your map, named
Book_1
Book_2
Book_3

When using Book_*, it will cause them all to be subject to your script.
(09-15-2011, 05:07 AM)Obliviator27 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-15-2011, 04:59 AM)Bennick Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure I understand. So basically, If I rename every one of my book rows into "book_" then using "book_*" will make them all act as "one" deactivatable entity?
Hah, sorry. My explanations seem to suck.

If you have entities in your map, named
Book_1
Book_2
Book_3

When using Book_*, it will cause them all to be subject to your script.
It's not working for me, can you tell me what I'm doing wrong here? here's the script portion for this function:

void OnEnter()

{
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "prebiblescript", "books", true, 1);

}

void books(string &in asEntity)
{

if (HasItem("letterkey")==true)
{
PlaySoundAtEntity("", "12_girl_scream.snt", "Player", 0, false);
SetEntityActive("book_row02_*", false);
SetEntityActive("book_bible_*", true);
SetEntityActive("biblescript", true);
}
}

Those book row entities are actually static ones so you cant set them to unactive.
(09-15-2011, 07:34 AM)Khyrpa Wrote: [ -> ]Those book row entities are actually static ones so you cant set them to unactive.
Is this a case where SetPropActiveandFade or whatever would work?
No function can make those props to disappear. You'd have to create new entites from them that can be disabled with the model editor
(09-15-2011, 03:00 PM)Khyrpa Wrote: [ -> ]No function can make those props to disappear. You'd have to create new entites from them that can be disabled with the model editor
How do I do that?
Pages: 1 2