Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Move from Linux -> Windows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, I have a quick question for you. I bought the series like a year and a half ago for Linux. I moved to Windows and want to beat all three before I play Amnesia. Now, my issue:
1. I installed the Linux version in a linux virtual machine and copied the install files down.
2. I downloaded the .exe files from (http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/ann...ent-4.html) and moved them to where the 3 binaries were.
3. I tried Overture. Worked perfectly. I tried the other two and they failed miserably.

I'm running Win7 64-bit. I tried them in Winxp compatability mode. Didn't help the other two. Like the 2nd game starts, tutorial works, but then dies right as I try to actually play the game (right after Loading...).

Any ideas?

I'm thinking maybe the directory structure is messed up maybe? Also, I didn't have a REDIST folder, so I put the .dll package right where the .exe's were so the exe files could hit them, and the games run. But, like I said, it crashes right after that. Sad
I'm a bit amazed Overture worked using your method.

BTW, if you purchased the game from the Frictional Games store, you should have the option to download the Windows version.
Well, that's the method jens told me to use when I e-mailed support@. Tongue And the game is showing up on my shelf as Linux only (I bought it when it was on a weekend sale). Any other ideas? Tongue
(09-19-2011, 07:47 PM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a bit amazed Overture worked using your method.

BTW, if you purchased the game from the Frictional Games store, you should have the option to download the Windows version.

Guessing I just need to buy the Windows version?
(09-19-2011, 07:55 PM)atrocity Wrote: [ -> ]Well, that's the method jens told me to use when I e-mailed support@. Tongue And the game is showing up on my shelf as Linux only (I bought it when it was on a weekend sale). Any other ideas? Tongue
(09-19-2011, 07:47 PM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a bit amazed Overture worked using your method.

(09-20-2011, 09:57 PM)atrocity Wrote: [ -> ]Guessing I just need to buy the Windows version?

I just checked my shelf and i am given the option to download for each supported platform for the Penumbra collection.
This is what I see:
[Image: z8QFs.png]
Black Plague and Requiem file structure is like this:
[attachment=2001]