Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Full version segfaults on startup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, just bought and downloaded the full version for Linux. All the demo versions ran very well for me, however, the full version only got as far as to accept my serial number, then it segfaulted and it does so ever since.

The system is Ubuntu 7.04 on x86 with nVidia 6600GT and 1.0-9631 driver version. The (hopefully) relevant part of the error log says:

Code:
Creating graphic systems
  Creating Renderer2D
  Renderer2D created
  Creating Renderer3D
   Load Renderer3D gpu programs:
    Extrude
CG ERROR : The file could not be read.

Thanks for any hints as for how to fix this & thanks for bringing the game to Linux once again!
micks Wrote:Hello, just bought and downloaded the full version for Linux. All the demo versions ran very well for me, however, the full version only got as far as to accept my serial number, then it segfaulted and it does so ever since.

The system is Ubuntu 7.04 on x86 with nVidia 6600GT and 1.0-9631 driver version. The (hopefully) relevant part of the error log says:

Code:
Creating graphic systems
  Creating Renderer2D
  Renderer2D created
  Creating Renderer3D
   Load Renderer3D gpu programs:
    Extrude
CG ERROR : The file could not be read.

Thanks for any hints as for how to fix this & thanks for bringing the game to Linux once again!

What user did you run the install as? Where did you install it? and what user are you running the game as? It looks to me as the file permissions aren't set correctly.
Quote:What user did you run the install as? Where did you install it? and what user are you running the game as? It looks to me as the file permissions aren't set correctly.

Yes, I get the same general feeling, just can't pinpoint the place where it happens. Anyhow, I installed the game as regular user (not using the root account OR sudo) in my home directory (default destination), and that's where I tried running it from as well. Running the game as root doesn't help (it produces the exact same error log in root's home directory), neither does playing around with file permissions.

However, after both reinstalling & running the game as root in root's ~ everything works without a problem. I'll look into this some more and report if I find out what the cause might be.