Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: ---Ideas for a different monster---
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Straight after playing amnesia, I was inspired to come up with some custom monsters of my own... i was pretty impressed ;D.

What are other peoples ideas on a custom monster???????????????!!! Big Grin
Well, got an idea but it was a bit tricky to execute... I was watching Outlander, which has an Alien monster that lures its enemy with light. So that got me thinking... In Amnesia you also always hunt for light, trying to keep your sanity low... What if there was a monster that made use of that?

Now the tricky part was how to do it... I was kinda thinking about a normal Grunt sitting completely still with his body in the shadow while his normal hand holds on to a candle maybe, and should the player accidentally lit it, the Grunt wakes up and starts chasing you. I'm not sure if this would work though and if the Engine even supports the features.
that's a good concept Big Grin i reckon they could do that actually
This?
Spoiler below!
[Image: vittra.png]
Well not that it's game-concerned, but there will be a few new monsters in my sequel storiesBig Grin
Animated suit of armor
(09-22-2011, 05:10 AM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote: [ -> ]Animated suit of armor

i like where this one is going... elaborate :p
(09-21-2011, 01:42 PM)NyteMyre Wrote: [ -> ]This?
Spoiler below!
[Image: vittra.png]
oh god... where'd you get that? hahah

(09-21-2011, 05:55 PM)Fomzo Wrote: [ -> ]Well not that it's game-concerned, but there will be a few new monsters in my sequel storiesBig Grin
im excited to see what they are then... can i by any chance see them? Big Grin
(09-22-2011, 07:17 AM)Cpt.Jonnypants Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-21-2011, 05:55 PM)Fomzo Wrote: [ -> ]Well not that it's game-concerned, but there will be a few new monsters in my sequel storiesBig Grin
im excited to see what they are then... can i by any chance see them? Big Grin
My sister has a talent for drawingBig Grin Don't loose hope.

But you should READ my stories not only see a monsterTongue
(09-22-2011, 07:17 AM)Cpt.Jonnypants Wrote: [ -> ]i like where this one is going... elaborate :p
It stands at 6' tall, it can either appear as a part of the scenery, or already actively moving around, it's formed from what used to be a suit of armor, but it's parts are now twisted and jagged, the metal creaks and squeals loudly as it plods about slowly, methodically placing one foot in front of the other, it seems almost clumsy and awkward, not a real threat.

Then it hears your breath, your movements, and a hideous shrieking sound of tormented metal is heard, and suddenly the once seeming clumsy animated armor, bursts into terrifying speed, no longer content to plod slowly ahead, the startling speed shocks you, and before you know it, it has you in it's grasp, it hugs you close, and begins convulsing, you squirm in agony as the convulsions drive the jagged edges of it's armor into your body over and over.

Long after you are dead, it releases the mess of gore and ripped tissue, no longer recognizable as human anymore...
One cool idea would be a wall which would suddenly turn into hands or something frightening (of course there shouldn't be many of these or the scary feel would be ruined).
Pages: 1 2 3