Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Any way to convert Mac copy to run on windows?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so as some of you might know I've been working on a custom story for about a month now which has been going good. Only problem is my dad set up time limits on my computer which only let's me stay on for 2 hours a day, and if you've ever worked on a custom story you can probably understand how this can be a major pain in the ass :|. I get on, start working on it, and then just as I start to get a good amount of work done BAM I get booted off my computer. So as a solution I was wondering if anyone knew if I could change the format of amnesia, hpl2, and all my maps so they could be run on windows because my dad's neglected to set up any time limits there (thankfully). Any help is appreciated!
Maps, entities, static objects, scripts, materials, etc, are themselves cross-platform because the game itself is available on multiple platforms. So long as you have the game installed on each platform, your custom story will work the same when transferring your story to its proper location on another platform.

If you are trying to transfer the game itself over to a new platform, that won't work. You'll need to download and install the game for the desired platform.
Bummer Sad
If you have Steam it should be no problem, but alas if you have a physical copy or direct download from this site, I sadly can't help you on that.
Where did you buy the game from?
I downloaded it from the FG store
Then you can re-download the game from shelf.frictionalgames.com for Windows.