Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Generated text/info
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is it possible to post ingame generated information? For example I want to show player what is stored local int called "lolz"?

Or is it possible to combine texts what shows in game?

For example I add from category "lolz" and I want it to be like entities 1 + 2.

So it starts as entity 1 and finishes with entity 2 Smile?
You can't, but you can create different entries and show needed one with a switch statement.
This way I will show them one by one?
If you want the user to see multiple information without bombarding the player with text, you'll need timers.
Can you explain by the "multiple information"? You mean showing many texts at the same time? Or one after another?
(09-27-2011, 11:23 PM)Elven Wrote: [ -> ]Can you explain by the "multiple information"? You mean showing many texts at the same time? Or one after another?

Much text; one after another would be after the timers are set.
So you are saying, it is possible to show multiple texts at the same time as well :/? I need to test this Smile. Any ideas how then? (Gonna test tomorrow or so)
(09-27-2011, 11:40 PM)Elven Wrote: [ -> ]So you are saying, it is possible to show multiple texts at the same time as well :/? I need to test this Smile. Any ideas how then? (Gonna test tomorrow or so)

I'll rephrase "much text": One entry in the .lang file with a lot of text.

Showing multiple entries without a timer will cause the entry after the current one to cancel the current entry.
Oh I see. Then it sux Sad... I need to think another way then ;P. TY for your answers Smile!
I don't fully understand your post Tongue

Are you asking if:
entry 1 says "Hello"
entry 2 says "There"

Are you asking if entry 1+entry 2 == "Hello There"?

If you are, then no, unfortunately...

The only alternative is to create a combination of entries like so:

entry 1 == "Hello"
entry 2 == "There"
entry 3 == "Hello There"
entry 4 == "There Hello"

This method is ok for most situations, but if you want to make something like a clock, you could end up with between 1440 - 86400 lines of code, depending on if you include a second hand or not...
Pages: 1 2