Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: How Do I Get the Player to Look at an Entity?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've been making a map, but I want the character to look up since he's laying down, and away so the player can control the character afterward.. I've tried scripting this:

AddTimer("lookawaycall", 11.0, "lookaway");
}
void lookaway(string &in asTimer)
{
StopPlayerLookAt();
}

But the character doesn't turn to the entity, which is "lookatrock1"
Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong here? =[

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

and also, If anyone can help me with another scripting issue, I'm trying to push the character into another spot using:

}

Note that a timer is being used so the player will be pushed during a blackscreen. The AddTimer has a callback for "playerpush". But the character doesn't get pushed.. should I just have him teleport further while the screen is black? It'd be like in the beginning of the actual game.

If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it!
(09-30-2011, 12:22 AM)Statyk Wrote: [ -> ]void OnStart()
{
StartPlayerLookAt("lookatrock1", 0, 1.0, "lookawaycall");
The speed is set to 0 Tongue

I would have something like "StartPlayerLookAt("lookatrock1", 3, 3, "lookawaycall");"

As for problem number 2, there is no bool in the parameters, the last parameter should be "world"
(09-30-2011, 12:34 AM)Juby Wrote: [ -> ]The speed is set to 0 Tongue

I would have something like "StartPlayerLookAt("lookatrock1", 3, 3, "lookawaycall");"
Really O.o?? Fixed it in the script, lemme give it a shot!

(09-30-2011, 12:34 AM)Juby Wrote: [ -> ]The speed is set to 0 Tongue

As for problem number 2, there is no bool in the parameters, the last parameter should be "world"
It worked! XD thank you so much, I can't believe I didn't see that!