Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: How to open debug menu?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm on a mac, so when trying to create a custom story, pressing F1 dims the screen lighting instead of opening a debug menu.
I have followed the devguide, now I'm stuck.
Make sure LoadDebugMenu="true" is set correctly in main_settings.cfg
Wait... I think... I think I figured out what I was doing wrong... When setting up development environment, it says to "In user_settings.cfg, inside the Map element set Folder=”“ to the root folder for your maps (eg Folder=“MyMaps/”), this folder MUST be located inside the maps folder in the game directory (where you put the tools)."I don't understand how to do this second half... Now when I try to load, it comes up with an error, saying I can't load my map...
Where is the maps folder? or something..

Edit:
Actually, now that I look around, I seem to be missing quite a few config files... I can only find main_settings.cfg, the user_keys.cfg and user_settings.cfg which I find in the folder "All", and in each of the folders containing a profile, and in the dev_user
These are the only ones I can find... Yet Amnesia worked perfectly for me when I played through...
They're complete. 3 different cfg file exist in Documents folder.
For the second part, you need a folder in your maps folder, like this:
|-Amnesia.exe
|-maps (folder)
|--MyMaps (folder)
|---MyMap.map (file)
What do you mean when you say maps folder?
You have a folder named 'maps', in same directory where your Amnesia.exe is.
I don't have an Amnesia.exe... *confused*
Oh, I just had an epic fail. I stayed on Windows too much, must get back to Linux any time.
maps folder should be in your root folder.
What is a root folder?
I feel like a computer idiot XD
Where your game files exist. There should be folders named billboards, maps, custom_stories, static_objects etc.
Pages: 1 2