Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Disabling a spotlight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a red spotlight in a room. I want it to be active when I enter a script area. I unchecked the "active" box in the level editor, although in game it is still visible. How do you disable a spotlight?
And yes, I have deleted the cache files, if it has anything to do with this problem.
Simple. Example this: SetLightVisible("SpotLight_3", false); "OnStart" section this and when you enter the area:
SetLightVisible("SpotLight_3", true)

For some reason, deactivating lights through the level editor won't work, at least that's what I've found.
(10-01-2011, 12:19 PM)HumiliatioN Wrote: [ -> ]Simple. Example this: SetLightVisible("SpotLight_3", false); "OnStart" section this and when you enter the area:
That did the trick, thank you a lot!
(10-02-2011, 01:35 AM)lordmestari Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2011, 12:19 PM)HumiliatioN Wrote: [ -> ]Simple. Example this: SetLightVisible("SpotLight_3", false); "OnStart" section this and when you enter the area:
did work on box light and others to

(10-02-2011, 01:32 PM)UnseenLegend ( NL ) Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2011, 01:35 AM)lordmestari Wrote: [ -> ]
did work on box light and others to

Never tried, I guess not.