Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: [Rel]Library of Alexandria (Short-story)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Hello everyone!

I have been working on a map namned "Library of Alexandria" for the teamnesia project. I have however decided to release it as a stand-alone project (I'm impatient and just want to get it out there).

Quick info:
Gameplay time: ~ 15 minutes(?)
Scariness: medium (?)
Story: Minimum
Puzzle difficulty: Easy to medium(?)

Features:
  1. 8 new models (more if counting easy ones). Not imported from penumbra.
  2. A new monster. Animated. Rigged. New sounds etc.
  3. ~2700 lines of script on one map. Should have some good scenes.
  4. Voice-acting by me and the user Cryaotic.

Story:
You travel to egypt in order to help your colleague Mr. Walker with an egyptian excavation. As you arrive events start to unfold.

Screens:

Spoiler below!

[Image: o9WDQ.jpg]

[Image: r9ypH.jpg]

My friends have tested it out a couple of times. I hope there isn't any bugs left. If you do find any please write in the thread. I will also appreciate feedback on gameplay!

Tips while playing:
  • Write down clues to the puzzle on a piece of paper
  • Play when it's dark
  • Have headphones with a good amount of volume
  • Enjoy!
Download Link:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2079...ia1-02.zip

Version History:
1.01: Fixed the yellow staff not appearing.
1.02: Fixed a gobo not appearing. Corrected spelling mistakes, as well as "combination does not work".
To everyone who plays, and Acies to fix up. He has a line of code in the .hps (79, 1) that needs to be commented out for it to compile correctly without errors.

Spoiler below!
Uggh I hate puzzles, and trying to figure out where the yellow sun staff is, and figure out whats behind the locked door downstairs is beyond me. Can anyone help?

Spoiler below!
I had such trouble finding the yellow sun staff that I checked the editor - and I still couldn't find it.

I'm so sorry. Of course I should have tested it on another computer. I will try to fix the staff thing - as it has already ruined your experience :/ Originally it should be super easy to find. I'll look into what it can be. The model files are there, the staff is placed in the map... O.o

I'm installing amnesia in another directory to test it with a fresh install. Lets see what I did wrong.

It appears that the .ent files created for the yellowstaff was referencing to the models\data\viewer directory in which I place my models. This was the original staff and perhaps that is why. I have played through the map and 1.01 should be somewhat stable.
Thanks alot for fixing up the yellow staff. I couldn't find the 2nd playthrough that scary, but I was definitely scared the first time!
Okay first of all I love it!

Spoiler below!
First puzzle was epic and awesome so unique and original, later on when the "obelisk scene came" I was wow just thinking how you do that? It was so epic, pure awesomeness. Finally that monster wow that scared me shitless.

Overall: Recommended to everyone, it was one of my most epic journeys. Awesome do more please! Wink
(10-03-2011, 01:42 PM)HumiliatioN Wrote: [ -> ]Okay first of all I love it!

Spoiler below!
First puzzle was epic and awesome so unique and original, later on when the "obelisk scene came" I was wow just thinking how you do that? It was so epic, pure awesomeness. Finally that monster wow that scared me shitless.

Overall: Recommended to everyone, it was one of my most epic journeys. Awesome do more please! Wink
Thank you! I wanted to achieve that with the scene - showing some possibilities of what you can create. My next project will be announced soon.

verry nice story manSmile I like the new monster is verry scary Big Grin
hmm, cant solve puzzle with sun.
Spoiler below!

sun in center, then moon, then mars, and finally jupiter.
where are this places? too many combos..

[Image: 343fcc84f72b0bd24be8169e597c7cce.jpeg]

Puzzle difficulty: Easy to medium.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8