Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Penumbra: Black Plague Crashes when I make a new game! Please take a look D:
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Please help me,
I just bought PB: Black Plague on Steam yesterday.
Whenever I start a new game, It tells me the intro story, and then crashes before any actual gameplay.
I know this isn't because of my driver. It's a AMD Radeon ™ HD 6620g.
Here's the hpl.log file.
Please help! I am really eager to play.
Have you tried to verify the cache integrity? (Right-click on the game in Steam, take properties and then you'll find it under one of the tabs).
(10-04-2011, 07:12 AM)jens Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried to verify the cache integrity? (Right-click on the game in Steam, take properties and then you'll find it under one of the tabs).
No.. I'll do that now Big Grin
(10-04-2011, 07:12 AM)jens Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried to verify the cache integrity? (Right-click on the game in Steam, take properties and then you'll find it under one of the tabs).
It didn't work. It said something about being unable to download 11 files and when I opened the game, it told me the story, and crashed. Oh, not just the game this time. THE WHOLE COMPUTER. I blue screened!!
WTF?
If it was not able to download 11 files then you don't have a complete game so that is why it does not work. Not sure what you can do to fix it as it seems to be a Steam problem, check their forums for similar problems.
(10-04-2011, 02:20 PM)jens Wrote: [ -> ]If it was not able to download 11 files then you don't have a complete game so that is why it does not work. Not sure what you can do to fix it as it seems to be a Steam problem, check their forums for similar problems.
I redid the thing you said. It said completed, (no 11 missing files this time). It still crashed my computer.
the log that you fist posted reports Couldn't load errors which means that files are missing. Maybe a reinstall?
(10-04-2011, 03:19 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]the log that you fist posted reports Couldn't load errors which means that files are missing. Maybe a reinstall?
well, I have tried before. That didn't work last time. Plus, i started playing a bit of requiem, which works fine.
make sure you have the latest amd drivers installed, it might be that
(10-04-2011, 04:26 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]make sure you have the latest amd drivers installed, it might be that
First, I doubt it's that reason. I have a bunch of games. S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Alliance of Valiant Arms, Minecraft, Killing Floor, HL2 - Episode 1, and they all run perfectly. Even Penumbra: Requiem works without crashing.
Pages: 1 2 3