Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: No clip mode to get out if stuck?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've already made a post about this in the thread of the custom story in which this happened to me, but I figured the issue might catch more attention here.

Is there a way to activate some sort of "no clip" mode to get out if the character got stuck in the environment, e.g. a narrow corner etc.?
Nope. Therefore you need to design your levels so that player cannot be stuck in places.
If you are in debug mode, you can enable quick physics which lets you walk through walls and etc.
(10-06-2011, 12:07 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: [ -> ]Nope. Therefore you need to design your levels so that player cannot be stuck in places.
Thank you for the quick help, too bad.

(10-06-2011, 12:13 PM)Gamemakingdude Wrote: [ -> ]If you are in debug mode, you can enable quick physics which lets you walk through walls and etc.
But if I understand the explanation for the debug mode correctly, that won't work to load a save game of an existing character, right?
If the player only plays the storys and not develop them then he wont be able to use noclip. Only developer accounts can.
(10-06-2011, 12:19 PM)Gamemakingdude Wrote: [ -> ]If the player only plays the storys and not develop them then he wont be able to use noclip. Only developer accounts can.
Thanks for the advice!

My appologies for this thread resurrection,
but I'm playing the story and I'm stuck (i ran behind a book shelf and cant budge from there, tried everything, jumping, running, crouching - and now i'm also stuck in crouch mode) What can I do? start the game from new all over again?
load a previous save from the main menu, or if none available then yes start over.
(11-08-2011, 01:28 PM)jeango Wrote: [ -> ]My appologies for this thread resurrection,
but I'm playing the story and I'm stuck (i ran behind a book shelf and cant budge from there, tried everything, jumping, running, crouching - and now i'm also stuck in crouch mode) What can I do? start the game from new all over again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHi78vlN8KA