Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Turning an object into an enemy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to turn an entity into an enemy? Without animations and such, ofcourse.

I tried it with a suit of armor, changed it's properties to Enemy_grunt, but it just stays still.

I want it to move around, chase the player but WITHOUT animations, sort of like floating on the floor.

is it possible?
Open it in the model editor and set the user defined variables to Enemy_Grunt. It will act like an enemy. Though, keep in mind that you shouldn't use bodies in enemy entities.
That's what I did, when it notices me, it moves forward abit, or turns around, but after that it doesn't move at all. The danger music still plays, but it doesnt chase me or anything. It acts like the graveyard_corpse, found in the ptest folder.
I removed (or detached) the bodies.

What's the matter?
I don't know, but, that's the basic idea. You might want to create an entity from scratch, with importing mesh from zero and setting its enemy settings.
Ah, now I know how graveyard_corpse works. You have to face it from the right direction, and it will start to chase you.
Thanks for the help!
Now, make a chair that chases you around.