Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia EXCEPTION_ACCES_VIOLATION
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I played amnesia before the Justine expansion. I heard about the expansion and launched amnesia to go check it out. Awesome expansion indeed. No problems there, beside some weird lag issues sometimes...
But that's not the point, I discovered that map "Dark Room". I downloaded it, placed it in the folders, found it under custom stories. I then press play and it starts to load, but suddenly, I guess when it's done loading, it crashes... I get the black box error message with: Amnesia EXCEPTION_ACCES_VIOLATION in module: 0023:005480B4

I've attached my hpl.log, where it states some errors, but I don't really understand them, since they seem strange... Its pretty obvious that I got some issue with this map, I just simply can't figure it.
it's the custom storie's problem. Because I am making a story too I know that the error says that 3 .tga images are not in the pw2 standard size (512x512 , 1024x1024) etc...

Are you sure you downloaded the latest version of the story?
(10-11-2011, 03:31 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]it's the custom storie's problem. Because I am making a story too I know that the error says that 3 .tga images are not in the pw2 standard size (512x512 , 1024x1024) etc...

Are you sure you downloaded the latest version of the story?
Yes, I'm 100% sure, because i started out with downloading the demo, which was wrong of course. Then after I found the fully updated version, and a friend beside me could play it with ease on his computer, but i kept crashing...
well nothing can be done here. Ask the developer to fix it.