Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Another Problem Again...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to make it so when i walk into an area, you look at the monster (which walks to a patrol node) for a period of time then it stops, when it reaches the path rode is disappears.

It won't work here is my script:
Code:
void OnStart(){AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "ScareOne", "ScareOne", true, 1);}
{AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "ScareTwoArea", "ScareTwo", true, 1);}
void ScareOne(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState){SetLampLit("ScareOneLight", true, true);SetLampLit("ScareOneLightTwo", true, true);SetEntityActive("ScareOneMonster", true);ShowEnemyPlayerPosition("ScareOneMonster");PlaySoundAtEntity("", "react_scare3.ogg", "Player", 10.0f, true);PlayMusic("LevelOneMusic", true, 10.0f, 2.0f, 2.0f, true);SetSwingDoorLocked("ScareOneDoor", true, true);}
void ScareTwo(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState){AddEnemyPatrolNode("ScareTwoMonster", "ScareTwo", 10.0f, "");StartPlayerLookAt("ScareTwoMonster", 5.0f, 6.0f, "");AddTimer("ScareTwo", 3.0f, "ScareTimerTwo");}
void ScareTimerTwo(string &in asTimer){StopPlayerLookAt();}
void OnEnter(){}void OnLeave(){}
(10-14-2011, 10:15 PM)JoeBradleyUK Wrote: [ -> ]I want to make it so when i walk into an area, you look at the monster (which walks to a patrol node) for a period of time then it stops, when it reaches the path rode is disappears.

Code:
void OnStart(){AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "ScareOne", "ScareOne", true, 1);}
void ScareOne(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState){SetLampLit("ScareOneLight", true, true);SetLampLit("ScareOneLightTwo", true, true);SetEntityActive("ScareOneMonster", true);ShowEnemyPlayerPosition("ScareOneMonster");PlaySoundAtEntity("", "react_scare3.ogg", "Player", 10.0f, true);PlayMusic("LevelOneMusic", true, 10.0f, 2.0f, 2.0f, true);SetSwingDoorLocked("ScareOneDoor", true, true);}
void ScareTwo(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState){AddEnemyPatrolNode("ScareTwoMonster", "ScareTwo", 10.0f, "");StartPlayerLookAt("ScareTwoMonster", 5.0f, 6.0f, "");AddTimer("ScareTwo", 3.0f, "ScareTimerTwo");}

Not exactly sure if this is exactly how you typed this script, but you have so much wrong here...
+ Firstly, You can't just TYPE. You have to organize by "Entering" and hitting "Tab".
+ NOTHING can be put in front of a squiggly-bracket ("{ / }") - These guys).
+ You have to put .snt after SOUND files and .ogg after MUSIC files.
+ An area and a callback can't be the same name. It could possibly confuse the script.

I went ahead and revised everything for you. Delete everything in your .hps and copy this whole thing into there:

//________________________

////////////////
//I'm not sure, but Making the AREA the same name as the CallbackFunc could also screw things up. I changed things for you so you don't have to worry...
////////////////
void OnStart()
{
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "ScareOne", "ScareCallback", true, 1);
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "ScareTwoArea", "ScareTwo", true, 1);
}

////////////////
//Make sure to put .snt and .ogg in the correct places!
////////////////

void ScareCallback(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
SetLampLit("ScareOneLight", true, true);
SetLampLit("ScareOneLightTwo", true, true);
SetEntityActive("ScareOneMonster",true);
ShowEnemyPlayerPosition("ScareOneMonster");
PlaySoundAtEntity("", "react_scare3.snt", "Player", 10.0f, true);
PlayMusic("LevelOneMusic.ogg", true, 10.0f, 2.0f, 2.0f, true);
SetSwingDoorLocked("ScareOneDoor", true, true);
}
void ScareTwo(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
AddEnemyPatrolNode("ScareTwoMonster", "ScareTwo", 10.0f, "");
StartPlayerLookAt("ScareTwoMonster", 5.0f, 6.0f, "");
AddTimer("ScareTwo", 3.0f, "ScareTimerTwo");
}
void ScareTimerTwo(string &in asTimer)
{
StopPlayerLookAt();
}

void OnEnter()
{

}

void OnLeave()
{

}

//_____________________
(10-14-2011, 11:04 PM)Statyk Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-14-2011, 10:15 PM)JoeBradleyUK Wrote: [ -> ]I want to make it so when i walk into an area, you look at the monster (which walks to a patrol node) for a period of time then it stops, when it reaches the path rode is disappears.

Code:

Not exactly sure if this is exactly how you typed this script, but you have so much wrong here...
+ Firstly, You can't just TYPE. You have to organize by "Entering" and hitting "Tab".
+ An area and a callback can't be the same name. It could possibly confuse the script.

I went ahead and revised everything for you. Delete everything in your .hps and copy this whole thing into there:

//________________________

////////////////
//I'm not sure, but Making the AREA the same name as the CallbackFunc could also screw things up. I changed things for you so you don't have to worry...
////////////////
void OnStart()
{
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "ScareOne", "ScareCallback", true, 1);
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "ScareTwoArea", "ScareTwo", true, 1);
}

////////////////
//Make sure to put .snt and .ogg in the correct places!
////////////////

void ScareCallback(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
SetEntityActive("ScareOneMonster",true);
}
void ScareTwo(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
}
{
StopPlayerLookAt();
}

void OnEnter()
{

}

void OnLeave()
{

}

//_____________________
I haven't tested it out yet, as I can't, but I do have my hps file entered!! It's just when I put it in the forums it doesn't include the enters, no idea why.
(10-14-2011, 11:04 PM)Statyk Wrote: [ -> ]Not exactly sure if this is exactly how you typed this script, but you have so much wrong here...
+ You don't have to if you really wanted to, granted it would be difficult and confusing.
+ Yes you can, you can have the entire script file on one line, it makes no difference to the compiler as all compilers read script on one line. A function like "Testfunc(int para){ stuff }" would work.
+ Not all of the time, but recommended nontheless
+ Perhaps
(10-15-2011, 01:30 AM)Juby Wrote: [ -> ]+ You don't have to if you really wanted to, granted it would be difficult and confusing.
+ Yes you can, you can have the entire script file on one line, it makes no difference to the compiler as all compilers read script on one line. A function like "Testfunc(int para){ stuff }" would work.
+ Not all of the time, but recommended nontheless
+ Perhaps
I'm just saying because whenever I DIDN'T do these things, my script would crash. Plus, I feel safe being as specific as possible =P

To fix the problem, dont use editor. Use the source above rather than edtior. That will fix the code problems.
I made the modifications you guys said but i still have a problem, it says it's on 6 - 1 unexpected token { or something like that
here's the script again, hopefully it will be entered like it is in my hps file:

void OnStart()
{
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "ScareOne", "ScareOneCallback", true, 1);
}

{
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "ScareTwoArea", "ScareTwoCallback", true, 1);
}

void ScareOneCallback(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
SetEntityActive("ScareOneMonster", true);
}

void ScareTwoCallback(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
}

{
StopPlayerLookAt();
}

I figured it out nevermind xD