Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Where is the saved games folder?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi i was just wondering where is the saved game folder of penumbra or the saved game files. I can't find them!
Eragon Wrote:Hi i was just wondering where is the saved game folder of penumbra or the saved game files. I can't find them!

assuming you are running windows xp, it should be under C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\Penumbra Overture\Episode1
and there is a save folder there.
Or another, if you're using Windows XP: First make sure that you can see invisible Folders!
Then go to: My Documents/Penumbra Overture/Episode1/save, and there it is! Smile
Scraper Wrote:Or another, if you're using Windows XP: First make sure that you can see invisible Folders!
Then go to: My Documents/Penumbra Overture/Episode1/save, and there it is! Smile

how about mandrivalinux?
Jeremy-Bailey Wrote:how about mandrivalinux?

~/.frictionalgames/Penumbra\ Overture/Episode1/save/
aidanr Wrote:

thanks! now is there any reason why we can't save all areas? why do they have to remove the older ones as you go along?
Jeremy-Bailey Wrote:
aidanr Wrote:

thanks! now is there any reason why we can't save all areas? why do they have to remove the older ones as you go along?

Those save files are quite large, every single time you move an object, no matter how small, it saves where it is.
Open a door? It will save the exact position it is in.
large? I see 13.5 MB. That's not large. I've seen games taking up a lot more space than 13 MB, unless we're misunderstanding each other.
Like Call of Duty 2, Doom 3, I think even FEAR, they have certain auto saves or whatever that take up SPACE. They keep every one intact, why not this? I'm sorry you misunderstood me or I am misunderstanding you.