Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Can't Save in Custom Stories
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the title says, I can't save in custom stories. There isn't even a save & exit option on the pause menu; just an exit option. This happens with all custom stories that I've tried. I can play custom stories that are launched with a .bat file fine, just not custom stories through the game itself. I googled it, and the only solution I found was to make sure the saves folder wasn't read-only, which it isn't. Can anyone help? I have the steam version of the game.
Try this: Open the file main_settings.cfg located at (My) Documents/Amnesia/Main. Make sure ExitMenuDirectly is set to false.
(10-15-2011, 03:26 AM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]Try this: Open the file main_settings.cfg located at (My) Documents/Amnesia/Main. Make sure ExitMenuDirectly is set to false.
It worked! Thanks! One question though: is this normally set to true by default, and, if so, does everyone have to set it to false? I've never seen it mentioned before.

(10-15-2011, 03:40 AM)zdmshadow Wrote: [ -> ]It worked! Thanks! One question though: is this normally set to true by default, and, if so, does everyone have to set it to false? I've never seen it mentioned before.

It is usually "false" by default. This page is pretty much the culprit as to why anyone would want to change it to "true": http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/amn...evenvguide
(10-15-2011, 03:48 AM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-15-2011, 03:40 AM)zdmshadow Wrote: [ -> ]It worked! Thanks! One question though: is this normally set to true by default, and, if so, does everyone have to set it to false? I've never seen it mentioned before.

It is usually "false" by default. This page is pretty much the culprit as to why anyone would want to change it to "true": http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/amn...evenvguide
That explains it; I'm pretty sure I had these problems before I created a dev_user, though, but that doesn't matter anymore. Thanks for the help!