Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Crash opening inventory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I am trying to play amnesia and every time I go to open my inventory the game goes to a black screen and crashes. The crash report says atioglxx.dll DrvPresentBuffers crap over and over. I've tried running the game as administrator, re-installing it, deleting all of my saves, and nothing works. Drivers are up to date and I even updated them after I got the crash for the first time. I'm on the same system as I always have played this game on and any other game works just fine. Please help, thanks in advance.
Could be a vsync/triple-buffer issue.
1. What operating system do you have? Also 32-bit or 64-bit?
2. Is it a laptop or a desktop? If a laptop, what model?
3. Attach me here the file HPL.log found under Documents\Amnesia\Main folder.
(10-16-2011, 12:50 AM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]Could be a vsync/triple-buffer issue.
Yeah.

(10-16-2011, 03:34 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]1. What operating system do you have? Also 32-bit or 64-bit?
2. Is it a laptop or a desktop? If a laptop, what model?
3. Attach me here the file HPL.log found under Documents\Amnesia\Main folder.
Win 7 64 bit

Desktop

make sure you have this installed:

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/P...n7-64.aspx
(10-16-2011, 06:47 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]make sure you have this installed:

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/P...n7-64.aspx
Yep.

did it work? It should...
(10-16-2011, 11:43 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]did it work? It should...
No. I've had cat 11.9 since it came out.
Can you run the game and open the inventory so that it crashes, and then take the hpl.log file and post it. That way the log file might contain info on what goes wrong when it crashes.
(10-17-2011, 06:26 AM)jens Wrote: [ -> ]Can you run the game and open the inventory so that it crashes, and then take the hpl.log file and post it. That way the log file might contain info on what goes wrong when it crashes.
I thought I already had done that

Pages: 1 2