Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Custom Stories wont appear in game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I downloaded the custom stories and put them in the "Custom Stories" file of amnesia, yet they still down show up when I launch the game. The files are (.rar) files, I dont know if that matters. Now exactly sure what I'm doing wrong.
You have to extract them in the custom_stories folder. Simply placing the archive in that folder isn't enough. However, you should note that not all custom stories can be so easily extracted (installed).

If you don't have the ability to extract RAR files, you can download WinRAR and extract them with that.
(10-23-2011, 07:25 PM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]You have to extract them in the custom_stories folder. Simply placing the archive in that folder isn't enough. However, you should note that not all custom stories can be so easily extracted (installed).

If you don't have the ability to extract RAR files, you can download WinRAR and extract them with that.

Do you extract them, then put them in the custom stories folder? or do you put them in the folder, then extract them?
Does not matter, but best is to extract them to the custom stories folder, as you don't have to move the downloaded rar file from the download location and can also just delete it once the extraction is complete.
So in simple terms:
1. Open the .rar file(s)
2. Drag and drop the custom story folder inside the .rar file, into your own custom stories folder.
3. If you want to, you can delete the .rar files after extraction.

i make it BUT THIS STILL DONT SHOWS
Quote:i make it BUT THIS STILL DONT SHOWS

No need to bump old threads about this. These members are likely long gone by now.

Create a new thread and describe the steps you have taken.