Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: What is your favorite game?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
(05-12-2012, 10:37 PM)Googolplex Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-12-2012, 08:55 PM)kman Wrote: [ -> ]Well OBVIOUSLY. I mean just look at it! You can ride around in super high tech war robots and shoot giant guns and shit, and then in Risen 2 you just ride around on a horse with a sword or something. Not to mention the graphics are better in CoD so it's pretty much automatically better than Risen 2. Oh and it's already sold 10 million copies in pre-sales so obviously it's a great game.

Problem?
The best games came from indie developers and/or decent people who understand story telling and immersing gameplay.
Hollywood blockbuster like CoD are mainly made for casuals, and today the casuals are the majority.
Okay, here's an example. Max payne 3 is made by decent people, has good cinematic story telling and immersing gameplay.

oh wait it has action in it, obviously the worst game ever.
(05-13-2012, 11:42 AM)Arvuti Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-12-2012, 08:55 PM)kman Wrote: [ -> ]Well OBVIOUSLY. I mean just look at it! You can ride around in super high tech war robots and shoot giant guns and shit, and then in Risen 2 you just ride around on a horse with a sword or something. Not to mention the graphics are better in CoD so it's pretty much automatically better than Risen 2. Oh and it's already sold 10 million copies in pre-sales so obviously it's a great game.

Problem?
The best games came from indie developers and/or decent people who understand story telling and immersing gameplay.
Hollywood blockbuster like CoD are mainly made for casuals, and today the casuals are the majority.
Okay, here's an example. Max payne 3 is made by decent people, has good cinematic story telling and immersing gameplay.

Of course not, Max Payne has always been about the John Woo bullet time jumps and gun fights; it's just the setting that disappoints people. Apart from Brazil being one of the most overused settings in media today, Max Payne is a New York noir story. There's nothing noir at all about the unbearable heat and landscape of Rio (presumably), except maybe heavy downpour every now and then. It seems like at least some of the game is set in New York though where he looks like himself so it who knows. I just hope the comic book panels are still in.
(05-13-2012, 02:43 PM)Bridge Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-13-2012, 11:42 AM)Arvuti Wrote: [ -> ]

Problem?
I just hope the comic book panels are still in.

My favorite game(s) is the Sly Cooper Trilogy, these were some of the most epic games around in my days for the PS2... and their even working on a fourth one for PS3 coming this fall!
(05-23-2012, 11:25 PM)Macgyverthehero Wrote: [ -> ]My favorite game(s) is the Sly Cooper Trilogy, these were some of the most epic games around in my days for the PS2... and their even working on a fourth one for PS3 coming this fall!
Yeah they're great. Too bad they're not on PC or I'd replay them.
I'll do a few genres.

For something like a free roam game, It'll have to be Shadows of Colossus. That game was beautiful. The design, the large world, and the plot! It really put you in there.

For a Puzzle Game, the Portal Series. The series is a great way to get your mind a bit "active", and the humor always makes me crack a smile.

For an interesting RPG game, Final Fantasy is pretty kewl. The characters are interesting, and so is the plot.

That's all I can really think of right now... Undecided
Final Fantasy VII.

The End.
the entire "Halo" franchise.
My favorite game of all time probably has to be the Metal Gear Solid series. I never played the first one when it came out due to me not understanding the game at all. But a few years ago, I bought it on the PS Store and beat it within 3 days. Went out to find the 2nd and 3rd. I beat those fairly quickly. Then I went on to play MGS 4, which was done in about 22Hrs played time.

The series is fantastic. I have the MGS HD collection for Xbox, and I plan on playing that as soon as I have the time.

Also, a few of my favorite games for the SNES have to be Chrono Trigger, Super Castlevania IV, Super Metroid, Legend of Zelda: A Link to the past.
I have so many favorite games...

Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine

Gothic

Risen

The Witcher

Need For Speed: Porsche Unleashed

Penumbra

Amnesia

Silent Hill

World Racing

Tomb Raider

Shade: Wrath Of Angels

etc. etc.

Actually, I'm working on enhancements for "Gothic 3". This old game from 2006 has the best graphics of all time in my opinion. Better than all the overhyped DX11 casual shooters.
Click "open image" to view in full-size!

[Image: Gothic_III_-_Goetterdaemmerung_0091.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18