Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: White Screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
During the Halloween sale i bought the penumbra collection and Amnesia on Steam. I downloaded them to my laptop. Amnesia works great and I have been enjoying that but both Penumbra titles have been giving me problems. After the starting cutscene the screen fades to white. I have control of my character. I can hear footsteps when I move, and symbols of the eye and hand randomly appear as I am probably moving over interactible objects. But everything is totally white. The game doesn't crash and I can access the start menu again just fine. Does anyone know anything about this?
1. What operating system do you have? Also 32-bit or 64-bit?
2. Is it a laptop or a desktop? If a laptop, what model?
3. Attach me here the file HPL.log found under Documents\Amnesia\Main folder.
I am on Windows 7 64 bit. I am playing on a Samsung laptop. [attachment=2172] Thats the one for Amnesia but Amnesia isn't whats giving me problems its Penumbra.
Amnesia seems to be having problems as well, maybe they are not visible. Make sure you have this installed:

http://www.geforce.com/Drivers/Results/39066

If it does not let you try using the have disk method after extracting the nvidia driver files.
I downloaded and installed the link. Still white. Im not entirely sure what you meant after that. What files should I extract and where would they be? And the disk method? Please help.
Did the driver install properly or did it tell you to download only samsung nvidia drivers? If it installed just fine then forget the other stuff.

Install the latest version of OpenAL and try again: http://connect.creativelabs.com/openal/default.aspx

Can you attach me the Penumbra HPL.log file now? It can be found at Documents as well as far as I remember.
Here is the Penumbra hpl I am about to download those other drivers cause it looked like the other ones installed fine. [attachment=2173]
Also try running the game as an administrator, it might be that.
When I try to install OAL a terms of agreement window pops up when i hit ok it just says installed and exits out. It doesnt seem like anything was installed at all.
Yes, it installed but it doesn't really matter since most probably this is not the problem. Maybe another application that runs in the background is causing this?
Pages: 1 2 3 4