Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Recording Amensia with Fraps causing mouse sensitivity to sky rocket.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I have recently bought fraps to record some gameplay. I tried to record some Amensia gameplay but whenever i press the record button on fraps, the mouse sensitivty goes crazy and any sudden movements will send you spinning in circles. When i stop recording it goes back to normal

has anyone heard of such a problem? Every other game ive recorded works fine.

Thanks!
We cannot offer support for a non-FG product.

Moved to GD...
We did all our recording using Fraps and different computer configurations, sorry but can't recall any of us had a problem like the one you have. Can't think of any useful suggestions.
I think the most likely answer is you hotlinked the button that fraps uses to record to the sensitivity control on your mouse driver and forgot about it. If so, the solution is as simple as changing the hotlink for either fraps or your mouse driver to a free button.
make sure you have the latest version of Fraps. Especially v3.4.X versions because they have great OpenGL support.
I only recall having that issue in stages that my computer had performance issues in (which were my own HUGE maps), but that was with FRAPS v3.3.*. I haven't tried recording my huge maps with v3.4.*, but custom stories like White Night didn't have that issue for me when i recorded with v3.4.* (haven't tried v3.3.* for White Night, though).

If you're recording at 60 FPS, i would recommend bringing it down to 30 FPS. This tends to be easier on the system, and it'll save you hard drive space too.
I record all of my videos in fraps. Also, since I know I'm recording for youtube, I always limit the frame rate to 30fps (youtube's framerate).
(10-31-2011, 11:30 PM)GraphicsKid Wrote: [ -> ]I record all of my videos in fraps. Also, since I know I'm recording for youtube, I always limit the frame rate to 30fps (youtube's framerate).

Youtube supports 60 FPS (though it is really up to the Flash player). I know this because of how smooth my 60 FPS videos play in comparison to my 30 FPS videos.
You should try contacting Fraps' customer service in case any of the tips above won't work...
All my videos recorded with Fraps. No issues.

Do you have a seprate HDD? Not a logical volume but physical one? Try to set up video dump path there.