Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Games keeps Freezing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

I bought a new MacBook Pro just 2 weeks ago (Oct 2011) and Amnesia is the only game I've installed. The game generally runs for anywhere between 1 to 15 minutes before it suddenly freezes; requiring me to restart my computer. Even on the lowest graphics settings, there is no improvement. The constant freezing has pretty much ruined the game, since it is impossible to become immersed in the game's environment.

I know this has been a problem in the past on some macs with older graphics cards.

I rarely use my computer for gaming, so I may be making an obvious mistake. But it seems like my computer has all of the system requirements. Or at least I would expect it to work when placed on the lowest graphics settings. (At one sitting, I was able to play for nearly an hour while on medium settings.)

Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Software: Mac OS X Lion 10.7
Storage: 290GB Free (320 GB total)

Any thoughts?
Intel HD graphics is not really supported, the requierments are to have an ATI/AMD or NVIDIA card. So while it might work it could be unstable, additional problems might be Lion 10.7 as that was not released when we released the game. Have you tried running in window mode and/or at different resolutions? If you have any other program active at the same time, try turning them all off before running Amnesia.