Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: The Shelter... so curious
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It seems like Episode Two will revolve around whatever's going on in the Shelter, or at least at first. I wanted to bring up this passage from the Rockworm Studies:

"To that end, seems I’ve had a pretty lucky stumbling here. All this old
research is about something similar to what’s been hunting me ever since
I escaped the shelter four days ago. Don’t get me wrong, after what...
after what they did to me back there, I’d rather be facing anything else,
and after almost a year of fighting for our lives, we didn’t really stand
a chance anyway. I don’t know how many are left inside"

What do you all think happened to him in the Shelter?

Also, the Shelter note indicates:

"Chief Overseer – Wilbur Frisk (’80 – present)"

One of the few apparently still alive in the Shelter operations? Do you think he was the shaded character at the end of the game? Or perhaps the actually-not-dead Red?
interesting thing you just wrote there. Very interesting indeed!
MarcusStuhr Wrote:It seems like Episode Two will revolve around whatever's going on in the Shelter, or at least at first. I wanted to bring up this passage from the Rockworm Studies:

"To that end, seems I’ve had a pretty lucky stumbling here. All this old
research is about something similar to what’s been hunting me ever since
I escaped the shelter four days ago. Don’t get me wrong, after what...
after what they did to me back there, I’d rather be facing anything else,
and after almost a year of fighting for our lives, we didn’t really stand
a chance anyway. I don’t know how many are left inside"

What do you all think happened to him in the Shelter?

Also, the Shelter note indicates:

"Chief Overseer – Wilbur Frisk (’80 – present)"

One of the few apparently still alive in the Shelter operations? Do you think he was the shaded character at the end of the game? Or perhaps the actually-not-dead Red?
thats just creepy im scard
wow! i knew the note probably held some significant purpose but i never thought if it that way. very interesting indeed!
I think both the end of Ep. 1 and this entire Elevated Caste/Shelter thing seems very Lost-ish.. And I'm loving it.
This is all very weird. What were they doing in the shelter?
Spoiler below!
Actually, that man at the end of the hallway in the game that appeared to have no hand;
He has one. It's actually fully made, all the model bones are there and everything. The devolopers actually stuck that arm into the body (one of his fingers is protruding out of his thigh)
I can't take a picture of it, because I deleted the model when I was sorting textures for my mod. If I find the time, I'll reinstall overture and take a picture of the body in the model editor.

But it sums into this: The devolopers created a normal human body, added model bones to it so it can be animated using all arms and legs. But, they decided to pop that arm INTO the body.
If they had wanted to remove the arm, they would have simply remove it, which takes about 5 seconds to do. Moving the arm inside of the body takes more time probably.

Removing an arm is ALOT more work than moving it into the body. SERIOUSLY. At least in the programs I know.
You forgot something written in the same note:
Chief Translator Howard LaFresque ('73-present)
Philip's father, Howard disappeared "nearly 30 years ago"
Could this be him?
maybe...IF it is Philips father,what was he doing there?
Pages: 1 2